stereo track

How to use MultiTrack DAW
praskal

stereo track

Post by praskal »

I'm trying to figure out how to record a stereo track. Specifically, I have a camera connection kit, and a behringer audio interface. My acoustic drums are mic'd with 4 mics which go into a pre-amp mixer. Then a right and left RCA goes to the behringer interface. When I select a track to record on, it just has an option for "mono" and not for "stereo". For this reason, I can't record my drums in stereo (typically I like to pan the toms left to right). Can anyone help me figure this out? :mrgreen:
pwnified

Re: stereo track

Post by pwnified »

Please try connecting the audio device while MultiTrack is closed. Then, start MultiTrack. You should see a double input meter (the meter labeled IN) when the the stereo device is activated correctly. Then, you should be able to select "stereo" on the ARM button, as long as it's a stereo track already or a track that has no regions on it yet. If the track is already mono you wont be able to record stereo on it.

It seems that the signal for connecting a device is sometimes not getting to the software and it ends up using the internal microphone. Connecting the audio device while the software is closed seems to work in these cases.
praskal

Post by praskal »

Wow. Thank you so much. That absolutely did the trick. :D

One other question: how do you like to archive the data. I imagine keeping all the song data o the iPad would not be feasible, and eventually one must archive data.

Regards,

Patrick
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

One way is to use the iTunes "Backup" and "Restore from Backup...", but it will archive the entire device.

For a per song basis, you can use the WiFi, each song project can be downloaded and uploaded as a zip file. This zip archive contains everything it needs to reproduce the song including all regions and bins. It wont contain unused bins, though.

I'm looking into making this archiving more accessible besides just in the WiFi.