Two questions

How to use MultiTrack DAW
anciano

Two questions

Post by anciano »

Hi, Just a new user of this fablous app. Two questions: First question; I made a kick sample with ableton and uploaded it to multitrack as wav, how can i loop this sample? Question 2; In my Hotbox (touching a sample) i don't see 'Trim' but i see 'slice' is this normal? Are slice and trim the same? :?
Tnx
anciano

Re: Two questions

Post by anciano »

Nobody? :cry:
Liam Duggan

Post by Liam Duggan »

Hi anciano,

what do you mean by 'loop a kick drum'?...you could chop it to the length required using 'edit' and then paste onto the beats of the bar you need....make sense? not looked at slice yet...

Liam.
anciano

Post by anciano »

Tnx Liam,

For example in Ableton (i don't know if you know the program?)i make a 4 bar kick sample, then i can loop this sample (starts of en over again). But you are wright, i can chop and paste the sample to the usual length of a song.

Tnx again,

Ps. looking forward "Slice/Trim"

Dj Anciano
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

Slice is useful for making slices in a region. Tapping between two slices will highlight that space. You can copy or delete that spot. Line up the playhead at the spot you want to slice (tap and hold the ruler or drag it). Once you've got it where you want it, bring up your hot box and select "slice". Repeat and then do what you will with new region between the slices. The old trim function has been replaced. Bring up the hotbox and select "edit". At the beginning and end of the rail are these figure 8 loop handles. You drag them to the spot you want to trim off the front or the end of a region. I hope this makes sense.
anciano

Post by anciano »

Hi Anorton,

This makes sense, clear and understandable.

Tnx a lot ;)