How do u share many files

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Honeycroft

How do u share many files

Post by Honeycroft »

I've recorded about 30 bins worth of guitar parts but can't get them onto my pc. We are without broadband for another 2 weeks. So is it iTunes the only way? But It only accepts mixdowns? So I have to create 30 separate mixdowns?

Man if that's true then it sucks and really needs a better/easier export option.
pwnified

Re: How do u share many files

Post by pwnified »

Yes, access to the raw bins is only available through wifi.

For the longest time, wifi was the only way to do any type of sharing at all on apple devices, with the exception of ioLibrary by Amidio which used a global shared directory, and was subsequently disapproved by apple and any apps that used it were removed from the app store with almost zero warning. Since there was no way to share files between apps or the computer, backlash and petitions prompted "iTunes File Sharing" which was done completely in apples overly simplistic, limited, and brutish way. They also managed to make it hard to understand for such a simple feature.

Since it was added after the fact (basically giving full access to the Documents directory for the app), I had to hide the song folders and bins, because in MultiTrack, you cannot delete a bin from the project and expect the project to still work. iTunes file sharing gives the user the ability to freely delete files out from under the projects. Also the filenames of the Bins are encoded as a series of hex digits, so the filenames in the bin folder would be something like "04ab35000000ef0043.wav" and make absolutely no sense to the user.

Apologies for the rant and all, but I wanted to give you an explanation for why its the way it is. I think the only solution would be to have some kind of "Render Bin" feature (maybe "Export Bins") where you have to explicitly request to have bins copied and renamed to the root of the Documents folder (the shared directory) from within multitrack. That, would also use extra filespace for all the copies.