looping, reversing, and tuning

How to use MultiTrack DAW
ketropolis

looping, reversing, and tuning

Post by ketropolis »

Hi,

I am strongly considering getting MT to use with an ipod touch 4g. It looks like an amazing app.
Here are a few questions that will help me know if this is, indeed, the app that will best suit my purposes...
1. How does looping work? Will I be able to loop one track while other tracks play in a linear fashion? This is my hope. I really want to be able to build rhythmic-textural tracks with my voice through looping, while working with straightforward melody on different tracks. Does that make sense?
2. Will I be able to reverse sections of a single track? Will I be able to reverse sections of multiple tracks? This is not such an important feature for me, but it would certainly be a bonus.
3. Does MT come with a tuning fork? Apple's Garage Band has this feature; it will identify what note is sung into the microphone.

Thank you so much for your response to these questions. Please ask for clarification if anything is cloudy.
pwnified

Re: looping, reversing, and tuning

Post by pwnified »

No, MultiTrack doesn't come with any of those things. It is simply a highly optimized track rendering engine, for playing many tracks in parallel.

That said, you can copy/paste regions repeatedly to emulate a sudo-looping ability. To do this many times, you can copypaste 2 to get 4, 4 to get 8, 8 to get 16, etc..., turn on snap in the menu to align them easily. Definitely not as simple as just looping regions (by dragging the end out), this feature may find it's way in eventually.