DAW & iPad 2 w/ios 5 LOW recording levels

How to use MultiTrack DAW
skiphunt

Re: DAW & iPad 2 w/ios 5 LOW recording levels

Post by skiphunt »

Thanks for the info! My zoom H2 connected via powered usb/camera connection kit displays the same as your Ar-4i.
ccwilson

Re: DAW & iPad 2 w/ios 5 LOW recording levels

Post by ccwilson »

pwnified wrote:MultiTrack 3.1 on the app store uses a new iOS5 feature called Measurement Mode. The purpose of this mode is to flatten out the internal microphone eq curve and remove other processing, but also allow for hardware gain control. So some devices will now have a real gain control instead of a software attenuation/boost, like the internal microphone, this is great news for people recording loud sound sources.
I have tried using this new feature on my ipod touch through the built in (and an external) mic and the hardware gain control has made a world of difference to my audio recordings. While I was creating the test recordings, it crossed my mind that there is not a single field recording app that comes anywhere close to what MultiTrack Daw now has to offer. Have you ever thought about developing a single track version of MultiTrack Daw optimised and simplified for quick and efficient recordings of any length? I am sure there would be a market for such an app!

I have been using Multitrack Daw for a year now and the updates in that time have made this app absolutely indispensable - thanks for all your efforts.