Input options and microphones

How to use MultiTrack DAW
zip

Re: Input options and microphones

Post by zip »

Ahhh HA! Drag down further on the blue arrow. Got it now. A bit tricky with my fat fingers. The option was closing out before I had a chance to reach mono 2 first several tries. thanks for the help!

Z
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Thanks for the feedback. yep, that UI definitely needs a cleanup.
Jazdean

Post by Jazdean »

Just got set up with iPad2, GarageBand and the Alesis iO Dock. Had several issues, but the most frustrating problem is my inability to figure out how to record two simultaneous inputs on the left and right mono channels, eg guitar and vocal. I can't see how to arm more than one track in GB. Is it even possible? Thanks.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

It's not possible in GB to arm more than one track. As far as I know, MultiTrack DAW is the only app that supports recording 2 simultaneous tracks of mono when using a stereo mic.
Jazdean

Post by Jazdean »

Thanks, pwnified. Then I don't see the advantage in having the Alesis iO Dock for GB, when there seems to be other ways to get a good one track at a time for less money. However, I could change recording s/w, and am considering purchasing MultiTrack DAW, but I'm seeing conflicting reports on whether or not it provides a reverb effect. That would be an issue for me.

Does anyone know the answer to that one? Thanks.

Jim
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

It doesn't have reverb yet. But I'm working on bus effects with a reverb.
Jazdean

Post by Jazdean »

Thanks for the reply and glad to hear you're working on the reverb. Will this be offered as an update or will I have to repurchase?
Erik dP

Post by Erik dP »

There are some tricks that can be done to create effects.

Delay: Copy a piece and paste it on a new track. Applying a lot of this could lead to a reverb sound I guess.

Chopping effect (extreme tremolo): Cut small pieces out from the track.

It would be nice if such tricks could be automatic.

Other fx tricks: Recording a new fx-track by looping out->reverb->in using e.g. a Boss reverb pedal with full (or only) effect level. Then this fx track can be blended as wished in the final mix.
sfish

Post by sfish »

FWIW: I was at band practice last night and, after reading some encouraging posts about being able to record in stereo, I purchased Multitrack DAW for my friend to see if it would work with his Behringer X1622USB mixing board. We connected it to the Camera Connection Kit USB dongle and then his iPad - It worked beautifully.

Now I can't wait to try it out on my Alesis IO Dock tonight! :D

- Steve
Jazdean

Post by Jazdean »

I'm curious how you powered the board. Not by USB, I'm guessing, as the iPad doesn't supply much power.
I tried out and returned the Alesis iO dock, as it had several issues. One, even with care it was difficult to get the 30 pin connector to engage. Second, it requires outlet power, and I'm going for portability, and at that, there is no power light to verify it is on. Finally, there was this strange issue with GarageBand in which the waveform amplitude was barely registering but the audible volume was quite loud.
I'm curious about guitar jack for iPad2. Anyone tried it?