Input options and microphones

How to use MultiTrack DAW
pwnified

Re: Input options and microphones

Post by pwnified »

Keith wrote:Is that wishful thinking or do you know something?
Yeah, the pins are there, it just needs someone (some company) to start making microphones for it. StudioSixDigital has announced they will produce a microphone, and both Sonoma and Blue has mentioned they are working on something for the doc. StudioSix did take quite a long time on their last product, though.
Erik dP

Post by Erik dP »

...Yes, I saw page 6 (in fact I looked through more or less all pages), but that cable looks more like "guitar-input" while I hope mine is a well working "mic-input".

I might make a dock connector as well as I want line in and out in stereo. The Blue Mikey v2 cost US$100 in Sweden. Before I decide on any big investments I want to try out your software on my Itouch G2/32GB. Thats why a just use the cheapest possible solution for now.

By the way, is the upcoming version of MT that I read about not working on a 2G Itouch, or just some functions? I don't care for effects. Just the improved editing.

Edit: Just installed the MultiTrack DAW.
jkevinwolfe

Post by jkevinwolfe »

Just wanted to confirm that Korg's Pandora PX5D effect box still works though the Camera Connector in 4.2.1. The Pandora Mini is the next gen of this model, but there's no listing of a USB Audio out in the specs. Anyone have a Pandora Mini and can confirm or deny it works?

Thanks.
Anthograntho

Post by Anthograntho »

Has anyone tried the irig mic yet? It has been available online for a couple of weeks now, but I'll probably just pick one up locally. The irig was a huge disappointment for me, being noisy and all, so I am just a bit hesitant with the mic. I'm thinking I'll give it a chance because the headphone jack was actually designed to accept mic level audio, and it promises to be heaps better than the headset mic, and it is more elegant USB mic/mixer with camera kit/powered hub. I'd probably only use it once though, if it was as noisy as the irig.

I've seen a few youtube videos but, especially for new products, you can never be sure if they are a true indication of the product, or maybe sneaky ads in disguise.

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with the irig mic yet?
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

I'm not willing to spend the $60 for it. The KV connection adapter,

http://forum.harmonicdog.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6

works great if you already have an XLR microphone and the adapter costs like $25. I have this product and am happy with it.
Erik dP

Post by Erik dP »

...I havn't the Irig mic. I just use a break out cable from an old DV-cam and connect any michrophone to it.

Based on my experience together with what I read regarding crosstalk, the thing to check is if there is a headphone amp in this device. To avoid the crosstalk from e.g. the metronome I use a radio as an headphone amp. This way I can keep the output low enough to avoid the crosstalk.

So if there is no headphone amp and you get crosstalk - use a radio.

Another thing is that the input (not the Itouch 2G, which is limited in other ways) does cut the low end at 150 kHz. If you can, use the dock connector (not all models can do this).
Theroarer

Post by Theroarer »

I just received word from sergio ruelas jr over at Apogee about the Mic.

It will use 30 pin connection (won't need the camera connection kit)

Additionally you will be able to monitor out of the ipad's headphone jack.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Erik dP wrote:To avoid the crosstalk from e.g. the metronome I use a radio as an headphone amp. This way I can keep the output low enough to avoid the crosstalk.
It's a good idea. So the trick is to turn down the hardware output on the iPhone (with the buttons on the side) and then use a headphone amp with a lot of gain to jack up the volume again. This should reduce the crosstalk to practically inaudible. There may be more noise in the signal, but it doesn't matter because it's only used for monitoring.
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

Can anyone confirm if the Blue yeti and the Belkin USB 2.0 4-Port Hub White work with iPad 2?Additionally I'm wondering if anyone knows if the Belkin USB 2.0 4-Port Hub will make the Cakewalk UA-1G USB Audio Interface usable with iPad 2. Anyone?
pgf102

Samson meteor mic info

Post by pgf102 »

Any reviews for the meteor mic and compatibility with iPad1?
They seem to claim compatibility but I haven,t heard anything positive yet about it.
Thanks -
Paul