editing start region bug and FR

New Features and requests for new features
Evan

editing start region bug and FR

Post by Evan »

try editing a region that starts at the beginning of a song... oops, the start region handle is off the screen, actually off the track window, but it could still display it over top of the fx/solo/mute area. and yes i could drag it out and edit it but then id lose my track position/timing!

also:
having a lo cut bypass like amplitube uses on the headphone jack input and internal mic would be hugely useful. theyre either bypassing the lo cut because apple lets them and its a software internal or hardware bypassable internal, or else theyre introducing a lo cut compensator (booster), which would also be easy to add in the fx section or globally for that matter. ive ab/d you and them and theres definitely a lo boost on the internal mic and the internal headset line in. unfortunately they dont let ANY dock device connect into their software, so i cant use any of my hi end mics and apogee line ins, i cant even plug in my MILI battery pack without them cutting off all sound input :(

right now only amplitube offers properly eq'ed/balanced i/o and amp models, and proper sounding delay and chorus and reverb.
i hope you get these 3 processes and mabe an amp sim or 2 in your fx section (btw eq and compressor sound good!) i know delay with modulation is extremely simple to lprogram, would cover flange/chorus and delay at once as modulation on long delays is beauty too and no one else offers that at all on iphone nor in garage band...

that integration into your unit directly would make it a finished inspiring tracking environment, and we can still take it home and upolad to mix and master in out fav daw later! (tho i can see being proud of mastering it and releasing it straight from the device!)
pwnified

Re: editing start region bug and FR

Post by pwnified »

I hear you about editing regions that start at zero, this was moved to low priority because you could move all the regions out a couple clicks and still preserve timing, but what you say makes sense.

Right now we can't disable the 150Hz rolloff on the internal and headset mic port. It seems amplitube is using an inverse EQ to compensate a bit. This could be mimicked in MultiTrack using the low shelving eq set to 100Hz and boosted (still a slight notch at around 120Hz)

Other effects are being researched, although I'm not promising anything at this point but got some ideas. Thanks for the feedback!
Evan

Post by Evan »

thanks for responding!
i was figuring a global lo boost in settings for internal mic and line in would leave us not having to use the eq plugin band per track, its a global setting for all practical purposes anyhow, id go so far as to say for those 2 input sources to make it a permanent setting...and apply it on record even.

as for fx, a delay with left and right control for:
time (1-1000 msec)
feedback (0-100%)
modulation (.1 to 2 hz)
mix level (0-100%)
would cover flanger, chorus, AND delay at once, and is a very simple algorithm as you know
thats why i mention it i figured itd be one of the easiest plugins to develop

-cheers
Evan

Post by Evan »

I also notice the on-iPhone mixdown does not mix post master fader and post fx. I get dry no cOmp and no eq mix... now I can't do anything with inboard fx if it won't mixdown!
Next, I can't mix just the range selection. Ok I consider these priority over the new fx...

See, for now I can use ampkit or amplitube to add fx, and paste bak into multitrack but I need to limit the mix range and also regardless my pre fx mixdown too quiet to hear to overdub in ampkit
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Well, the mixdown does contain fx, but the mix is also normalized in volume so that it doesn't clip 16 bits. So it might sound softer because there is probably a spike in vol on a track somewhere. Mastering type FX should solve this but for now it was normalized to prevent clipping.

BTW I've been pouring over the new iOS5 developer docs, and although I can't say much, there are definitely some good audio features in it. I can say the EQ curve on the internal and headset port can be disabled in iOS5, and some other good news all around.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Evan wrote: Next, I can't mix just the range selection.
If you select multiple regions from more than one track and copy them, they will be bounced with all pan, volume, and fx, and copied to the pasteboard as a single bin. If you open the hotbox within the loop markers to make the copy, the resulting bin will be truncated to the loop markers.
Evan

Post by Evan »

Thanks it bounces as you say. So to bounce with fx within region I have to select copy from within loop markers/region on screen. Only thing is the more regions especially if there's alot of small cuts within I have to tap and zoom tap and scroll tap alot to select everything when I really just need a bounce all within region command somewhere.
Anyway, also trivial it ignores mute but I just don't select a muted region doing it this way
Hey thanks for your time and good work eh?
Evan

Post by Evan »

can we get that lo cut bypass implemented for the internal mic and or headset in?
ios 5.1.1 on 3gs, i run.

ALSO, getting the start region handle drawn over the control area so we can drag start region withou having to start all recordings out a bit, would be nice.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Evan wrote:can we get that lo cut bypass implemented for the internal mic and or headset in?
ios 5.1.1 on 3gs, i run.
It should be in the Measurement Mode, turn it on via the Settings app. (Settings -> MultiTrack -> Measurement Mode -> ON)
Evan

Post by Evan »

measurement mode both on and off has no effect on an iPhone 3gs 32g.
I'm testing with the normal mono microphone in that you normally use to speak with the device as a telephone.

I would love to be able to get normal bass response without having to plug in my Mikey microphone.by the way level input adjustment also functions weather measurement mode is on or off so I am getting hardware level just no low cut bypass