Feature request

New Features and requests for new features
Alex1938

Feature request

Post by Alex1938 »

As far as I see, playing recorded music via Bluetooth is not possible yet. Please add it in the next version. Alex
Heimie

Re: Feature request and Audiobus...

Post by Heimie »

I know you've got a major update coming any moment with at least Audiobus support on it. Hopefully the Audiobus will drive a little faster, I know a lot of Stellar apps are planning on releasing updates at the same time as Audiobus cranking up. Can you give some hints of other features you might have ready to go? I think most people want Volume and Pan automation (just a straight line inside the WAV files & dragging the lines up and down like volume envelopes, like N-Track studio does on the PC, would get it done.) I think it's crucial that you upgrade as soon as Audiobus is ready so people don't get the impression some other DAW is more awesome than yours. None are even close!!!
ZenLizard

Re: Feature request

Post by ZenLizard »

I just wanted to add my vote for some automation envelopes. Volume and pan certainly, but effects automation would be useful too. It's a hassle to have to export regions in order to apply volume changes — blind — and then re-import into MT DAW so that killer solo will stand out at the right time, and so that everything else can drop back a little when the singer sings a verse. I don't believe it is possible to do these things in real time without an in-app mixing console, and a separate app to record the final mix into. I'm not suggesting MT DAW needs a console. Clearly, it does not, as it was obviously designed specifically to mix from track view. The fade in/out curves were a great start, but for a serious mixdown we need a bit more control.

I officially rescind my above requests for automation. From now on, MultiTrack DAW will be my recorder/mixer for experiments and "for fun" projects. I'm using Auria for professional work, and it has all the automation and depth necessary.

As it is, MultiTrack Daw is a solid and simple DAW. For a quick and easy recording and mixdown it is hard to beat. If you haven't purchased an iOS DAW yet, you should definitely get this one!
Last edited by ZenLizard on April 23rd, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
—"Expert" is the title that society awards someone who is recurrently shocked and surprised by what the rest of us saw coming—
amoeba

Post by amoeba »

I'd like to third this feature request. Cannot believe software as good as this doesnt have volume+pan automation!!!!!! seriously guys WTW!!! this amazing piece of software has had its feet hammered by an axe !!! id love to use this for ALL my soundtrack, voice over and music creation and experimental work, however I CANNOT due to not easily being allowed to adjust the volume over time on tracks/vocals edits. doing workarounds is utterly unnaceptable in 2013 To me this is mindboggling why this great software has been punched in the throat! dudes this would be the utter nutz for ease of use in making complete Ipad music from start to finish, if only u could have some automation....sadly im having to buy meteor multitrack as it has the features I and most other people need. Dont wanna do it guys... add in automation yesterday already, but im having to recommend meteor to people instead of this amazing software....
Los_KLoppos

what's missing

Post by Los_KLoppos »

hi!

what's missing?!

- a simple desk/mixer
- possibility to colour the tracks
- solo function for not only one track

But!
i really like the App! fantastic stuff!
martygras

Post by martygras »

amoeba wrote:I'd like to third this feature request. Cannot believe software as good as this doesnt have volume+pan automation!!!!!! seriously guys WTW!!! this amazing piece of software has had its feet hammered by an axe !!! id love to use this for ALL my soundtrack, voice over and music creation and experimental work, however I CANNOT due to not easily being allowed to adjust the volume over time on tracks/vocals edits. doing workarounds is utterly unnaceptable in 2013 To me this is mindboggling why this great software has been punched in the throat! dudes this would be the utter nutz for ease of use in making complete Ipad music from start to finish, if only u could have some automation....sadly im having to buy meteor multitrack as it has the features I and most other people need. Dont wanna do it guys... add in automation yesterday already, but im having to recommend meteor to people instead of this amazing software....
Don't assume we all want what you want. M-DAW currently does everything I need.
You certainly have a talent for hyperbole though.
The real power of M-DAW is the recording algorithm which allows more data to stream more efficiently. Try recording 8 or more tracks at one time on Meteor and you might not be as happy with the results.

If Pwnified implemented everything everyone wants, it will end up costing a BILLION times as much. See, I can use hyperbole too. Annoying isn't it?
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
ZenLizard

Post by ZenLizard »

After many, many projects using MT and Audiobus, there is one thing that has gotten to be pretty annoying. It's not a big thing, but after a while it gets tedious.

Whenever MT is added to the output of Audiobus, a new song – new song 1, new song 2, new song 3, etc. – is generated automatically. This would be great if I wanted to work on a new song every time I used MT, but the fact is, I usually return to a song/project a time or two (or five) to continue work on a song, so I end up having to delete a lot of "new song 1" files or, if I don't, I end up with "new song 1 through 55" and have to delete them all. It also means that after I set MT an an output, wake it up, and get returned to Audiobus, I then have to go back to MT, close "new song x" delete it, find the song I actually want to work on, open it, and return to Audiobus, and then I can set my input app(s) and any effect app if I happen to need one on the next track.

Is it just me, or do others find this to be a pain in the neck? MT obviously remembers what song was last worked on when not using Audiobus, since it opens to the last song that was open, so it must have something to do with the way Audiobus and MT connect. can this behavior be changed? Maybe even made optional, so that anyone who actually wants a new song to be generated every single time they use MT with Audiobus can still have it that way?
—"Expert" is the title that society awards someone who is recurrently shocked and surprised by what the rest of us saw coming—
martygras

Post by martygras »

ZenLizard wrote:After many, many projects using MT and Audiobus, there is one thing that has gotten to be pretty annoying. It's not a big thing, but after a while it gets tedious.

Whenever MT is added to the output of Audiobus, a new song – new song 1, new song 2, new song 3, etc. – is generated automatically. This would be great if I wanted to work on a new song every time I used MT, but the fact is, I usually return to a song/project a time or two (or five) to continue work on a song, so I end up having to delete a lot of "new song 1" files or, if I don't, I end up with "new song 1 through 55" and have to delete them all. It also means that after I set MT an an output, wake it up, and get returned to Audiobus, I then have to go back to MT, close "new song x" delete it, find the song I actually want to work on, open it, and return to Audiobus, and then I can set my input app(s) and any effect app if I happen to need one on the next track.

Is it just me, or do others find this to be a pain in the neck? MT obviously remembers what song was last worked on when not using Audiobus, since it opens to the last song that was open, so it must have something to do with the way Audiobus and MT connect. can this behavior be changed? Maybe even made optional, so that anyone who actually wants a new song to be generated every single time they use MT with Audiobus can still have it that way?
Hey Zenlizard, are you loading the Audiobus input slot first? Maybe loading the output slot first will allow you to open a project before it does.
Sorry not at home right now, but seemed a good thought at the time...
I'll have to try different approaches.
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
ZenLizard

Post by ZenLizard »

I pretty much always load the output slot first, then the input slot. If I use it, I always load the effect slot last because some of the apps, or maybe all of them, open the microphone at once if the input slot isn't already loaded and awake.

When using MT, I always load it first and wake it up, and either go back to it before I insert anything else, close and delete the new song file, and load the song I want, or I leave it as is if I'm starting something new.

Actually, I was hesitant to even bring it up, because besides that I have not a single complaint about MT. Still, I'd really like to see it become optional.
martygras

Post by martygras »

Yep, just tried it and got the same results. I even tried arming a track 1st too.
Perhaps this is an Audiobus limitation. There's always an update around the corner.