Audiobus tips and tricks

New Features and requests for new features
martygras

Re: Audiobus tips and tricks

Post by martygras »

Although the list of apps supporting AudioBus currently is somewhat small, I've been told that more apps incorporating support are on the way.
If you think your head is spinning now, just wait a few months. :D
I'm so glad DAW is right there at the starting line!

Thanks Pwnified for the update and the buffer tip.
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
GerHa

Post by GerHa »

martygras wrote:Although the list of apps supporting AudioBus currently is somewhat small, I've been told that more apps incorporating support are on the way.
If you think your head is spinning now, just wait a few months. :D
I'm so glad DAW is right there at the starting line!
+1 :)
anfirmor

Post by anfirmor »

Purchased Drumjam, Jamup Pro and Nlog Synth. Love Jamup Pro into MTD and Drumjam is pretty good too. Lovely ethnic timbres. Not bowled over by the synths yet. Early days though and still knocked out.

One thing though. When I try to use MTD standalone (no audiobus) I cant see how to select mono left, right or stereo from the arm button. Has this feature gone? I hope not as it's a very useful feature.
martygras

Post by martygras »

The function has been moved from just below the "arm" button to its own button labelled "source".
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
gtr

Post by gtr »

Since the audiobus update MT tells me I have no input sources.
Im using the Sonoma guitarjack2 on ipad2 with 5.0.1.
If I use audiobus I can use the input it provides.
Is MT no longer standalone or is it just my setup?
Guitarjack works fine with other apps just not MT UNLESS I use audiobus.
Is that happening for anyone else?
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Unfortunately a bug escaped with the new sources list box, which only manifests itself with iOS 5. I have an update already submitted to apple a few days ago. It shouldn't be more than a few more days, you can update to iOS 6 to get it working now.
anfirmor

Post by anfirmor »

Proper job.

I'm resisting ios6 as I do like using bog standard USB hid devices on my 4s via the CCK;-)

Still escapes me why apple don't allow this on the iPhone. Mad!

Thanks for all your hard work on MTD.
gtr

Post by gtr »

Thats great. Thanks for responding pwnified.
Would rather wait for MT update.
Hesitant on ios6 update as well

Thanks
davarm

Post by davarm »

I tried using JamUp Pro with Multitrack Daw using an iRig as my input device. It would have worked well, except there was extreme bleed over from my reference track. I could turn down the input from the track, but without hearing the bass and drums, that defeats the purpose.

Is the bleed over a trait of the iRig? I may have to look for an alternate guitar interface and welcome any suggestions. The Apogee jam looks promising, but a little pricey at $99. I'm using an Ipad 4, so on top of that, I have to spend another $30-$40 for a lightning adapter.

I also have a Blue Yeti mic and want to record with that, but I need to purchase a camera lightning connector and powered USB hub. All this adds up. If there is an interface that links both guitar and USB mic, I am interested.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

I had a thought: wouldn't it be cool to output a MTD track live to Audiobus, process it with an insert effect or synth there, and simultaneously record the result to another track within MTD? There's a lot of creative potential there. Technically, in this scenario, it might make sense to NOT monitor the recording track because of the latency issue...