iPhone speaker volume

How to use MultiTrack DAW
anfirmor

iPhone speaker volume

Post by anfirmor »

I’m now convinced there’s an issue with MTD’s output volume. GarageBand, TwistedWave etc all have much beefier output volumes when on internal speaker. I’ve looked for settings and can’t spot anything that could be turned off, a “don’t deafen yourself” button, for example.

Why is MTD’s output so feeble? Is it not switching properly between headphone and internal speaker?

Cheers
pwnified

Re: iPhone speaker volume

Post by pwnified »

It might be Measurement Mode, in settings. It used to be that it would only affect the microphone inputs on the device and headset inputs, but now it also affects the output. With it OFF, the Apple default processing will be put back into the signal chain, which includes a compressor and EQ. The EQ drastically boosts up the bass and treble frequencies.

To change the Measurement Mode setting, go to the Settings App -> MultiTrack -> Measurement Mode -> OFF
anfirmor

Post by anfirmor »

Yep. That’s it.

But my turning measurement mode off doesn’t the internal mic suffer - loss of linearity - loss of a flatter frequency response etc.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Unfortunately yes. At this point the only thing we can do is file bug reports (feature requests) with Apple and ask that they split this behavior up. It doesn't even make any sense they piled this into Measurement Mode. But right now, you'll have to turn it ON if you want high quality flat recordings from the internal mic and OFF for thumpin playback through the internal speaker.

BTW it's possible to mimic the Apple processing for playback using the EQ and compressor in the Master section of multitrack and keep measurement mode ON. But then the mixdown will sound like crap for other normal playback systems. :lol: