Auto-disarm

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Misplaced

Auto-disarm

Post by Misplaced »

After recording one or more tracks I would like them to automatically disarm. I could not see a way of doing this so is there an option that I missed?

If not then is there a way of disarming all armed tracks at the same time? At the moment I need to open each and manually disarm them so that I can hear what was recorded rather than hearing both the recording and what is coming from the AU instrument.

Thanks.
pwnified

Re: Auto-disarm

Post by pwnified »

An interesting discussion. I think the auto-disarm might cause more complaints though. For instruments, this is almost never what we want, but a case could be made for synced generators or instruments that generate on host sync. This is because instruments mostly (or should) require user input to make noise, whereas generators should just create a signal without user input. This seems hard to resolve at this point, but I like your idea of something like a disarm all button. Need to think about this more
Misplaced

Post by Misplaced »

Yes, this use case was for synced sound generators. Thanks for at least considering it as an option. I guess an extension of this would be to have something similar for mute and solo all
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

I just realized you can toggle off 'Input Monitor' in the Menu, to do basically this. It will mute all armed track inputs, so you can preview the take. The instruments will still go through the motions but if the record button is off nothing will record or monitor.
Misplaced

Post by Misplaced »

Good idea, this works well.