I'm using MultiTrack on Project 52 - a song a week

Post links to songs you made in here!
project52

I'm using MultiTrack on Project 52 - a song a week

Post by project52 »

Hi fellow iPhone audiophiles.

Please stop by and check out my blog where I'm recording and releasing a new song every week for a year. I just posted week 6 today and I used MultiTrack for a bunch of the tracks. MultiTrack is a great tool in my arsenal. Let me know what you think and pass it on to other iPhone audio-geeks. http://developermusic.com/blog

Thanks,

Corey
MusicMagic

Re: I'm using MultiTrack on Project 52 - a song a week

Post by MusicMagic »

The blog reminds me of the recent Julia Childs movie. Anyway, the DopplerPad is an interesting device, but I am sure you have something of a learning curve to get used to the paradigm itself.
project52

Post by project52 »

I used 14 of the 16 tracks for week 7. Getting a little more time in with MultiTrack and liking it. Stop by and check it out.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Impressive! I really like that song.

BTW the metronome is coming along nicely. It's sample accurate and has zero slippage. Just working out the UI for it now :D

Hamilton
project52

Post by project52 »

I just posted Week 8, "Glitter and Stone" - everything except drums recorded into MultiTrack. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to stop by and check it out. I'm still looking into a way to let you listen to the songs while visiting on you iPhone. My fallback route will be to catalog the songs in YouTube...any suggestions other than posting the mp3 would be welcome.
lostlogik

Post by lostlogik »

project52 wrote:any suggestions other than posting the mp3 would be welcome.
Did you have any joy with the link I posted on your site last week (http://deuced.net/files/shout-stream-wb/) that possibly would do what you want?
project52

Post by project52 »

I just had a second to look at it last night at 1 am after getting the song done. I couldn't tell if it would work with an iPhone and if I could easily host decent quality mp3s with it. I'll have to do some more homework. I have a bunch of ideas for improving the site, but am having my hands full just gettng the songs up in time - this isn't helped by the fact that my friend and I just started working on a video game soundtrack and the band that I play bass in, the Karl Hendricks Trio, is about to hit a long wknd tour...but I digress.
lostlogik

Post by lostlogik »

project52 wrote:I just had a second to look at it last night at 1 am after getting the song done. I couldn't tell if it would work with an iPhone and if I could easily host decent quality mp3s with it.
Works with iPhone, I can confirm. I tried their test stream and it launched iTunes on the phone and streamed the music. Quality mp3s, don't know but I think it's supposed to work fine with higher quality BRs. Work load, I can't help with, sorry. ;) (But as a laid-off ex-worker still searching for 8 months, I'm kinda jealous)
project52

Post by project52 »

Thanks again for the info lostlogik. I'll look further into it. I'm committed to getting iPhone friendly audio up on the site somehow. I may still go with YouTube just for the wider range of exposure. Either way, it's on my list of improvements that I would like to include in a custom site rebuild.

Sorry to hear about the job situation. Things are pretty tight here too - I guess I should keep it in perspective. Unfortunately, I'm in no position to help even here in Pittsburgh.
project52

Post by project52 »

Week 9 is up. I think it's one of the best sounding tracks yet. Good display of Mikey used with MultiTrack. Mikey is touchy but I've been able to work around it most of the time. MultiTrack's ability to monitor input is invaluable. I couldn't imagine how frustrating it would be to trial and error it with other apps. The mic is just very sensitive and omni-directional, if you keep that in mind you should be ok. I did get a chance to test it out during a Karl Hendricks Trio practice (I play bass) and it clipped pretty good. That said, we're in a very live room and I had it positioned very close to the action...oh and as bands go we're pretty damn loud. I'll take it on tour with me and see if I can test it out in more situations with less obnoxiously loud bands. Any chance I can get that stereo-recording option installed by the 12th?