I'm using MultiTrack on Project 52 - a song a week

Post links to songs you made in here!
pwnified

Re: I'm using MultiTrack on Project 52 - a song a week

Post by pwnified »

Things are pretty haphazard right now with automation and control point editing in the works, but it's possible I could have a working alpha version available by then. If it's stable enough, I'll let you know. Week 9 sounds great by the way!
fgrittner

Post by fgrittner »

Are you concerned about the long delays with Apple approving apps? A number of music and recording apps have had upgrades in for approval since September.
project52

Post by project52 »

Week 10 is up and crunchy. Another experiment with drums and MultiTrack. Read/listen for yourself. Here's the link so that you don't have to navigate back. Thanks again for listening and commenting.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

fgrittner wrote:Are you concerned about the long delays with Apple approving apps? A number of music and recording apps have had upgrades in for approval since September.
It's really too bad about the DJ apps, I have no idea what the problem is. I know amidio had a rejection for a specific reason. For MultiTrack 1.0, I had a rejection after the first week, I resubmitted, and it only took 1 more week after that. I think the multitrack apps should be ok, but I'm a bit scared of using ioLibrary until this whole thing blows over or we find out exactly what the problem is. Hopefully it's not the upload capability of these apps, if that were the case then the upload would have to be removed from MultiTrack.
project52 wrote:Week 10 is up and crunchy. Another experiment with drums and MultiTrack. Read/listen for yourself. Here's the link so that you don't have to navigate back. Thanks again for listening and commenting.
Totally awesome man, sounds great like always. Keep up the good work!
project52

Post by project52 »

Week 11 is finally up. Recorded my kid's toy guitar using Blue Mikey and MultiTrack. Enjoy.
project52

Post by project52 »

Week 12 is up. The song is called "On the Rise". Come on by and let me know what you think. Also, I finally started putting songs up on YouTube so that folks visiting the blog on an iPhone can actually listen to the songs!
project52

Post by project52 »

Week 13 is up. I've reached the 1/4-way mark! This song was done completely in MultiTrack at the in-law's house. Just a little tweaking in Reaper and it was good to go. Features my wife's childhood Fisher Price xylophone.
project52

Post by project52 »

Week 14 is up and fully posted. Lot's of iPhone recorded table slaps and claps on this one.
project52

Post by project52 »

Another adventure in recording is finally up - Week 15 is a song that I wrote on piano while at my sister's house in Denver - I recorded it minutes before I had to leave to catch my flight home!

I had the occasion to check out running Reaper straight off of a thumb drive while out there. It totally works! I love that program.
dkijc

Post by dkijc »

Hey, your recording sounds better and better everytime :)

I loved the piano on the last recording!

I lost my blue mikey after the first week.. I was bringing it with me everywhere just incase of an inspiration and now I have no idea where it is.. :(

ANYWAYS! I just had a question. I know you use Reaper and was wondering if you ever used Record?
(From the discussions and such I do know that Record is not a full fledged DAW.) How easy is it to use Reaper?

(I have Reason 2.5 and I see that with Record and Reason 4 upgrade is for 149 dollars which is pretty awesome! But 60 dollars of Reaper cannot be beaten, of course haha)

Thanks and keep up the great inspiration for all of us :)

god bless and merry christmas!