MultiTrack DAW on the App Store NOW!

New Features and requests for new features
AusDisciple

Re: MultiTrack DAW on the App Store NOW!

Post by AusDisciple »

This update is AWESOME!!! This really is now a serious DAW with some decent editing features and it is truly easy to use.... and up to 24 STEREO tracks.... on a PHONE!!! That is crazy!!! 8-)

One small thing though. I was doing some loop recording and tried to delete a file from one of the tracks but when I deleted it, it disappeared from view but kept playing. If this can be fixed, this app will also double as a great live looper.
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

Damn, I had my wife buy/install it last night for me. I didn't realize it had been downgraded to 8 tracks. How do I upgrade to the 16 track version?
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

AusDisciple wrote: I was doing some loop recording and tried to delete a file from one of the tracks but when I deleted it, it disappeared from view but kept playing. If this can be fixed, this app will also double as a great live looper.
There is a fairly large buffer that needs to be flushed before the changes are heard. So it's not really intended as a live tool as of yet, but I'm thinking of ways to fix this. Thanks for the comments.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

jorgren wrote:Damn, I had my wife buy/install it last night for me. I didn't realize it had been downgraded to 8 tracks. How do I upgrade to the 16 track version?
Well, with the downgrade also comes a lower price. So it's about the same value for per track cost (plus all the new features). There is currently no way to have 16 tracks if you were not a previous owner, only 8 or 24. The 16 track version was intended for previous owners of "MultiTrack - 16 Track Recorder" so that they don't feel downgraded (I know I would), and is "free" when upgrading. It's possible in the future to make an (8 -> 16) upgrade for in-app purchase if there are enough requests.

Thanks for the comments
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

I sent her out to a local eatery with a WiFi hotspot to upgrade. It would have been more convenient if it could have been done through the app store.

Next problem: I was very disappointed to see the help file only works in a WiFI hotspot (at least I think it would; I haven't had a chance to get to one myself yet). This is a crushing blow because I am essentially never online when I am recording music with the iPod - I have to work mainly on the bus and train. Is there any way to make the help file just a file, so I can actually use it?

Failing that, is it available on the web so I could read it from my computer?
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

I see. The help file is web based, but also locally cached. So if you get to a wifi or 3g location, just load it once and it will be retained, for offline viewing. The one that multiTrack pulls is in this location:

http://www.harmonicdog.com/iphone.html
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

Thanks! I'll try that!
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Jorgren check your Private Messages
Keith

Post by Keith »

Sorry I'm late to the party. With new iPod in hand I easily downloaded and upgraded to DAW 24trk last night. After spending about a half hour on it, I must say this is quite more than I was expecting. I was quickly able to start editing, connecting with my Mac, and emailing and felt pretty comfortable.(bummer on the 15mb max) I can't wait to see if changing the latency affects the iPod. I hope to get through mixing early today so I can play with Multitrack DAW. Harmonicdog team, A+!
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

This is now the killer app. If you're a musician and you want to make a real song in your pocket studio, Multitrack turns your toy into a tool. It's clean, easy, and solid. Record or copy your tracks in, move them around trim them, mix them, and bang, you're done. Other apps let you make a cool sound, some beats, or a riff. This app is the central core for your studio. You can finally stick a real studio in your pocket and produce complete songs.

Well done!