MultiTrack DAW on the App Store NOW!

New Features and requests for new features
pwnified

MultiTrack DAW on the App Store NOW!

Post by pwnified »

MultiTrack DAW is now available on the App Store. Some of the features:

- Lower price adds value ($9.99 for basic version with 8 stereo tracks)
- Up to 24 stereo tracks capability
- non-linear, non-destructive editing
- Undo and Redo with 30 levels of undo
- Copy and Paste to and from other apps (Intua Format)
- Looping with the Loop Markers
- Bin Browser previews raw audio files in the song
- Bounce by copying multiple regions and pasting
- Intuitive Hotbox control for fast workflow
- iPad native support plus iPad USB audio
- In-app help always grabs the latest help file from web
- Sharing with WiFi, email attachments and SoundCloud upload
- In-app upgrades where users can purchase more tracks

All previous owners of "MultiTrack - 16 Track Recorder" should be upgraded automatically from 8 to 16 tracks when installing MultiTrack DAW. Please backup your device before the installation of MultiTrack DAW, and after running it for the first time after installing. Do not delete MultiTrack from your device prior to installing MultiTrack DAW. And make sure to leave at least one song.

This has been a huge update from a programming and testing perspective. Although there are no FX in this version, a framework has been put in for adding effects quickly in the future. Future updates will be much quicker and faster to produce.

A Very Special Thanks to all the beta testers.

Have fun with MultiTrack DAW! And please don't hesitate to request features in this forum!

MultiTrack DAW on the App Store
entasmiquity

Re: MultiTrack DAW on the App Store NOW!

Post by entasmiquity »

Great work! I just downloaded it and it looks great on the iPad. I like the UI refinements. I'd like to start working w/ bins and regions. Is the help file available on the web or just in the app? I'd like to have it opened on my computer while I figure out the features on the iPad. Thanks again for all the hard work!
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

This might not work on internet explorer (with all the inline images). I'll have a better doc soon, for printing.

http://www.harmonicdog.com/iphone.html

And thanks for checking out MultiTrack DAW!
africola

Post by africola »

Love. Love love love.

New features are all great!! Editting capabilities with undo levels all are fast and very easy to work with. I didn't like hotbox control for first 5 minutes, but now I totally get it--very small gestures allow for very fast workflow. Works great!

I also really appreciate some of the other changes. The redesign of wav form drawing is sooo fast, it redraws effortlessly when I jump around even on my 3g. Also, great to be able to click to bring the playback head/needle right to where you currently are.

I still don't quite get the power of the bin browser, I'm finding I just tend to copy/paste from regions vs bins. Need to play around with some more...

I also don't get how to add 16 tracks--I had the old 1.1 16 track, so my understanding is I should have 16, but it only let's me add 8. I'm assuming it must
be adding them as 8 stereo tracks?

It's an amazing, unbelievably powerful update, love it.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Thanks for the comments!

If you had Version 1, it should have upgraded you to 16 tracks as long as you installed over the previous version and you had at least one song. If you deleted MultiTrack first before upgrade or deleted all your songs, you might have just got the basic version of only 8 tracks. Shoot me an email and we'll get you rolling.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

africola wrote: I still don't quite get the power of the bin browser, I'm finding I just tend to copy/paste from regions vs bins. Need to play around with some more...
One reason the Bin Browser is useful is if you upload using the Wi-Fi, because they are uploaded now as Bins and not Tracks (uploading as tracks was turning into a nightmare, finding a free track to upload to, clearing old regions on a track, etc...) It's all much cleaner to just upload as bins.

So there needed to be some way of creating a region from a bin. Also if you delete all your regions, you can simply make a new one using the Bin Browser. The Bin Browser will show unreferenced bins in red, meaning they are unused in the song.

The idea is to move the start and end handles to trim out a rough region, and then use the region copy button, and then paste using the hotbox. You can then fine tune it in the main window by zooming, using snap, etc.

Hope this helps.
dkijc

Post by dkijc »

I have to say.. This update is awesome!! Great acheivement!!!!! Awesome interface design Congrats!
Thank you :)

ps one thing I was HOPING was tap tempo but that's just me ;)
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Thank you!

Yes I looked at tap tempo because others had requested it also. It turned out to be complicated to implement because, in MultiTrack, the tempo starts at zero in the timeline and is an absolute tempo based on time. With tap tempo, the start offset would need to be adjustable. Or at the very least, the playback would have to stop and then a tempo sequencer would have to take over while the user adjusted the tempo. It's doable, but I ran out of time. Maybe for the point release!
CuL8R

Post by CuL8R »

Freakin awsome upgrade! Well worth the wait. Keep up the good work!
project52

Post by project52 »

I had my first look at the update last night. You've outdone yourself again! Why would anyone would buy any other recording app? Thanks for the incredible value pwnified.