Is possible?

New Features and requests for new features
Rossf

Is possible?

Post by Rossf »

Have to start by saying this app is very impressive,with very well thought out interface interaction-the hot box works well. Just a few thoughts on what might be possible in the future-I use mainly hardware synths and I see that there is now a midi hardware device from line 6(midi mobilizer).wouldn't it be fab if someone wrote code for a decent midi sequencer that could run on your phone that controlled the synths that had audio going into a second device ( iPod or iPad) for recording into multitrack DAW and that they shared synchronization through bluetooth....
Have a USB sound card (Edriol UX-25EX) that I will test tomorrow with this app and will report back on the results.
Just curious...is it possible to record in higher bit rates or is the hardware too limiting?
Cheers
pwnified

Re: Is possible?

Post by pwnified »

Rossf wrote: I see that there is now a midi hardware device from line 6(midi mobilizer).
Unfortunately that's the company that makes you sign over the product (MultiTrack) to them, and then they control the distribution. Not that I don't trust them, but I don't want to do this with the company at this point.
Rossf wrote: Just curious...is it possible to record in higher bit rates or is the hardware too limiting?
Cheers
It is actually possible to get higher samplerates (48000), but there are limitations having to do with conversion performance (because they all have to match). The USB on the iPad may open up extreme sample rates (96000) and depths (24 bit) and at that point I'll take a closer look.

Thanks for the comments.