Love the new version - some new feature ideas

New Features and requests for new features
jamsden

Love the new version - some new feature ideas

Post by jamsden »

Love the new version - thanks for such a quality application.

But of course every new release gives us new ideas. A few that might be useful:

1. Add a hotbox to split at the time cursor. This would allow us to split off a section of a track to delete it.

2. In the bin browser, allow delete to delete the selected region.

3. Make the menu a touch for on menu - dragging for menu items is a pain when you have finger picks on. Touch Menu, touch item might work better.

4. Consider having the region selection markers right in the track instead of having to use the region browser, and allow them to work across the selected tracks, not just one at a time.

5. In the songs view, show a list instead of the icons, and provide a preview play button so you can play the song right from the list without having to open it first. This would provide a simple way to browse audibly the available songs and would support a convenient scrolling list.
albertkinng

Re: Love the new version - some new feature ideas

Post by albertkinng »

How can I upload and download audio files from the iPad using WiFi? I see on the app that a http:// address is showing but I don't know what to do in to be able to download or upload. pleae help me here!

----

SORRY!

I found an answer here already! bad first timer experience!
Agent36

Post by Agent36 »

alright i had this issue to the first time, so heres a stab at getting you going, after getting your wifi number from the menu +wifi in the app, enter the number into safari, and you will get a web page with all your app songs and an option to import. once this is done you sync from the ipad, after you are synced, you have to open the song to set the export specifics, when importing you have to browse for the files, by clicking the browser button, the submit is for after you choose the files to import.

most of all this is clutch, make sure that your iphone/ipad and cpu are on the same network, i had problems the first time, because my phone was connected to my wifi, however my cpu was leeching from a neighbor for some reason, the ip'adresses won't match in this case so you will be impeeded.

Hope that helps

Agent 36
PThomas
dagmarpiano

Post by dagmarpiano »

To me these are huge issues:

1. Volume automation. Then you can do mixes or submixes within the app.
2. Compression, reverb, EQ and delay - the big 4 effects that make things sound good!
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

I STILL haven't had a moment to try the WiFi. However, if pwnified did it the standard way, you go over to your computer, which needs to be on the same WiFi network. Run your computer's browser and type in the address shown on your Multitrack screen. This will bring up a web page hosted by Multitrack. From that web page, you control file transfers between Multitrack and your computer, file delete, or whatever features Multitrack supports via WiFi.
Last edited by jorgren on June 17th, 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
timp

Post by timp »

Besides my craving for track effects like reverb & delay (PLEEEEEEZE!) I have two small wishes:
- merge tracks
- set track color
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

Volume automation and the big 4 FX, definitely tops on my list.
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

Oh, and ZOOM. Both horizontal (time) and vertical (number of tracks displayed). I think this is very important.

Oops - we have pinch zoom for the timescale, and it's working well for aligning tracks. Nice.