Alesis ProTrack

New Features and requests for new features
Johnny Metal

Alesis ProTrack

Post by Johnny Metal »

Just received my Alesis ProTrack today and MultiTrack is the first software I downloaded to test it. Much to my disappointment, it did not work. I could record from the inputs, but the monitoring of track and the input was not audible. Even playback of the stereo mix was not audible.

You guys need to buy one of these and get it to work with your software. This will make you THE KILLER APP for audio on the Iphone.

If anybody has made this work let me know. I look forward to further development of the product.

JM
pwnified

Re: Alesis ProTrack

Post by pwnified »

Johnny Metal wrote:Just received my Alesis ProTrack today and MultiTrack is the first software I downloaded to test it. Much to my disappointment, it did not work. I could record from the inputs, but the monitoring of track and the input was not audible. Even playback of the stereo mix was not audible.

You guys need to buy one of these and get it to work with your software. This will make you THE KILLER APP for audio on the Iphone.

If anybody has made this work let me know. I look forward to further development of the product.

JM

I got one from Amazon for testing. Stereo recording is now working (for 1.1 version), but having some issues getting the line output to enable, I'm about to post up on some message boards for programming hints. I tried FiRe recorder and it has the same issue, works to record but cant hear the playback through the headphone output on the protrack. I checked the Alesis web page for the recommended recorder, they use iProRecorder made by Bias so I purchased that, and it does work, so I know it's possible. I just hope it's not some proprietary system to enable the outputs. Just letting you know that it's being worked on and I'll be back with more info.

Thanks
pwnified

Re: Alesis ProTrack

Post by pwnified »

More information on the pro track is up at the Input Options thread:

http://forum.harmonicdog.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6

It's not good news.