AudioBus approved by Apple!

New Features and requests for new features
pwnified

Re: AudioBus approved by Apple!

Post by pwnified »

I'm checkin it out now, it's looking pretty sweet. Hopefully within the next month or abouts. :D
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

Exciting times! If automatic punch works with MT and another app, I'll be a happy camper.
anfirmor

Post by anfirmor »

Is audiobus limited to ios6? I've just upgraded back from the appalling new ios6 to 5.1.1.

Fingers crossed because Apple is in a bad place post Jobs. Ios6; Apples Vista!
CougarFool

Post by CougarFool »

Excellent news on the Audiobus integration. Thanks.

I don't think that it is dependent on iOS6 as it started development ages ago.
johnnymultitrack

Post by johnnymultitrack »

I can't wait for Audiobus!

Hopefully it works flawlessly...

This should put an end to all the "need effects" threads. With so many guitar effects apps, (amplitude, stomp shop etc), and so many vocal effects apps, (Vocalive, Voicejam, improvox, etc,) if they can just be "applied " to the input signal and recorded in MTDAW it would be like Christmas morning all year long!

God I hope it works good.

A little voice is whispering the "L" word somewhere in the back of head.

I can almost hear it.... very faintly......

latency..... :o
martygras

Post by martygras »

anfirmor wrote:Is audiobus limited to ios6? I've just upgraded back from the appalling new ios6 to 5.1.1.

Fingers crossed because Apple is in a bad place post Jobs. Ios6; Apples Vista!
"Appalling?"
Wow, gather the villagers and light the torches. ;)
No problems on my end.
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
anfirmor

Post by anfirmor »

Well I suppose that was a bit of a rant. Perhaps the next update will convince me. I'll extinguish the wicker man for a while. Glad to hear ios6 isn't causing any irritation on your end. :?
martygras

Post by martygras »

I also "usually" wait a few days prior to updating to the latest ios just in case something tragic happens. (What, me paranoid?) :o

I know some people use map apps frequently and were very disappointed by the new maps app, but I try not to become too dependent on electronics.
Pretty soon we'll have robots wiping our asses... That could go very wrong. :D

I'm still apprehensive about using the iPad on stage, but I need to decide what's critical for the performance and whats just a new toy.
Jam-up Pro XT and Loopy HD are very solid, and have been for all releases, so I think they are acceptable for live use. Too many problems with Garageband and SampleTank to trust live.
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
anfirmor

Post by anfirmor »

It wasn't just the maps and street view for me. It was the awful colour schemes. Makes the iPhone screen seem like its harder to see. Black phone buttons and search boxes. Light grey text on dark grey backgrounds etc. Perhaps it's wonderful under the bonnet?

As for playing live I too will just stick to playing music on musical instruments.