Finished two pieces

Post links to songs you made in here!
Gregmartin64

Finished two pieces

Post by Gregmartin64 »

I've finished two pieces with Multitrack. I was having a problem with noise. But I bought a TASCAM IM2 microphone for my ipad3 and it's as clear as a bell. Shame it's not extendable though for putting in front of your acoustic. I've also bought a book called Guerilla Home Recording to help me in the future working out what EQ and Compression actually does!

http://soundcloud.com/gregmartin64/some ... st-cant-be

Thanks for all the help I've been getting by the way. It was much appreciated.
Nu2moro

Re: Finished two pieces

Post by Nu2moro »

Hello Greg :-)

Listened to the track, the structure doesn't flow correctly and it could do with a melody on the instrumental bridge sections (in my opinion).
I like the way it sounds overall though :-)
Gregmartin64

Post by Gregmartin64 »

Nu2moro wrote:Hello Greg :-)

Listened to the track, the structure doesn't flow correctly and it could do with a melody on the instrumental bridge sections (in my opinion).
I like the way it sounds overall though :-)
Thanks for listening and contributing. The structure is fine for me (in as much as it compliments my other work). But I don't like the tempo, needs coming up more. I usually play harmonica for melody, but I've only just got the acoustic recorded properly at this time, so I think I'll save that for the end, and when I re-record with a better tempo.

The important thing here is the recorded sound, which I'm really pleased to hear sounds ok, it's the area I've been concerned about the most :-S Love this software though. Nice and simple!
Nu2moro

Post by Nu2moro »

Look forward to hearing it when you have harmonica recorded :-)