Audiobus tips and tricks

New Features and requests for new features
Evan

Re: Audiobus tips and tricks

Post by Evan »

audiobus is useless for input monitoring.
waaay to much latency, like 200 ms...
i have tested it.
too bad ampkit wont implement audiobus, even for playback,
IE id like to record in multitrack and hear my input monitored straight from multitrack, but have audiobus process an already recorded track so i hear it on adding a new track...
hmmmm, multitrack would have to be in the input with a record monitor output setting even tho its a prerecorded track, and the output would have to be latency compensated...
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Evan wrote:audiobus is useless for input monitoring.
waaay to much latency, like 200 ms...
Latency is good, unless there is some problem with your setup. Please try rebooting/reinstalling and background killing unused audio apps. Audiobus uses an internal buffer size of 256 (unless it's set to 512 in the Audiobus app), which is ok for realtime monitoring. It should only be about 10 milliseconds. If it's 200 there is something broken.

too bad ampkit wont implement audiobus, even for playback,
Ampkit is working on Audiobus support.
IE id like to record in multitrack and hear my input monitored straight from multitrack, but have audiobus process an already recorded track so i hear it on adding a new track...
Switch Input Monitoring ON in the Menu of MultiTrack, add a track for your direct input monitoring and Arm it, and turn down the other track fader (of the audiobus input from JamUp) (I'm assuming you're using JamUp). Now you can hear a "direct" dry signal from the same input that jamup is using, going straight through multitrack.

BTW, when switching Input Monitoring OFF in multitrack, the other apps will start producing their own audio, and multitrack will stop the live monitoring process of them. All this communication takes place through the Audiobus system, and should be transparent to the user.
Evan

Post by Evan »

AmpKit does not have audio bus port. It's not listed apps in audio bus and I just upgraded to the latest version. I am I missing something? I'm using ampkit plus, the paid version
DavePDX

Post by DavePDX »

Ampkit says they're working on implementing Audiobus, but it's not available yet.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Yes, sorry, I meant "Agile Partners is working on implementing Audiobus support for Ampkit". Good old language parsing.

But no word on a timeline yet. I can't wait either.
martygras

Post by martygras »

I'm having a blast using Audiobus. I must have played Glitchbreaks into DAW for about 4 hours yesterday. Getting the BPM set on both apps was the 1st step, then it was all jam.
Also loving how easy it is to upload to Soundcloud. Oh Yeah!

Also: The reverb in DAW is very smooth. I just love it.

I'm slowly developing a workflow, but it isn't easy because it's different for each genre. Sometimes mostly synths and other "in the box" noisemakers, but sometimes just recording acoustic instruments.

Very happy currently, but can't wait to see what Pwnified comes up with next.

I haven't even tried anything in the Audiobus effect tab yet.
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.