another live recording

Post links to songs you made in here!
jseib2293

another live recording

Post by jseib2293 »

Someone suggested posting info on what the setup is for the recording.

This is live...we are just trying to capture the actual event as accurately as possible and not add tracks later.

I am using a Mackie profx12 mixing board for the live sound, and a tascam US800 interface. I run live sound into the mackie, and our mains in the room are mackie srm450's. I use TRS cables to connect from the insert jack on the mackie and go into the tascam. as long as I dont push them all the way into the insert, it still lets the signal go to the main out as well as to the tascam. I dont need mics on teh drum kit for the live sound, but I need them for the recording....so I run those mics directly into the tascam. I am using an ipad 2.

Keyboard is a casio Privia, running direct into the mackie board. The bass is an eminence electric upright, through a little markbass amp. We send the line out to the board and record that signal. Vocalist is using a SM58. Two shure mics on the kit: a pg52 on the kick and a pg81 as an overhead.

so this is five tracks: Vocals, Bass, Keys, Drum Overhead and Kick.

After completion I import the mixdown audio into moviemaker to connect the video with the audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK_b8E1Y9Q8