Any word on the update?

New Features and requests for new features
Mmmwahaha

Any word on the update?

Post by Mmmwahaha »

You mentioned an update would be out "some time in June" I know these things take time and I really have no idea of the reality of creating these magical programs but do you have any word on the up and coming update?

Can you give us a preview of things to come?... A small morsel?... a little taster? Stop me whining... Please?
wherewithal

Re: Any word on the update?

Post by wherewithal »

ummmm, bump
martygras

Post by martygras »

Did he say what year? Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

I think Pwnified was already working on fixes/updates and then iOS7 reared it's potentially ugly head and, well, I guess that pushed it out.?.?

I don't know. Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly I'm at the point where I mostly use MT DAW on my iPhone for sound effects or dialog recording.
There are of course other options out there with different sets of features, but it may be its simplicity that keeps MT DAW in a niche market. Like maybe people who used Audacity, Wavosaur or SoundForge will be happy as clams with the current feature set of MT DAW. This is definitely not a DAW for EDM and the likes.
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

It's always hard to make predictions about release dates, and all that because in software development it's always wrong. In fact, they teach managers to quadruple the estimates from the programmers.

But I want people to like MultiTrack for what it already has, not for what it's going to have. I don't want people to buy it because of a promise to attain feature xyz.

Also, I wouldn't call it a niche market, in fact it's just the opposite, the niche market is the over-complexified laptop-wannabe daw running on a tablet. However, people will buy what you serve up, and then be mad at themselves for not understanding how it works. I'd prefer to make something they understand, and then actually use and be happy about.
martygras

Post by martygras »

Good point Pwnified about the simplicity of the interface and ease of use, but you called your app "Multi-Track DAW" and that comes with a pre-supposition of features, most of which you have nailed. Especially with such a good reverb and compressor, but lacking others. (cough, automation?)
It may come down to a few features that steer musician's your way instead of others. Midi being a big one. (but not for me.) I really do like it the way it is.

I still recommend MT DAW to others who are just getting into recording on their idevice. I think it's a great first DAW, but I want to be able to tell them if MT DAW will be adding this or that. We would all like to know what direction you are envisioning. That makes it easier to shell out money for what most musicians hope will be the only one they need.

There seems to be an accepted workflow using beatMaker2 for creation and MT DAW for mixdown. That's the crowd I'm seeing, and hearing from in other forums.
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
martygras

Post by martygras »

pwnified wrote: In fact, they teach managers to quadruple the estimates from the programmers.
Is that why Scotty would always say, "Captain, it'll take a week to repair" and then he's done in 2 hours?
martygras

Re: No sound in after IOS7

Post by martygras »

Hey Pwnified, what are those 3, IAA items in your list coming from?
(Inter App Audio)
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Yep, I've been actively looking at inter app audio, and the possibility of multitrack becoming an audio unit host, and those are some test apps. It's mostly working. There are some issues with nodes not shutting down properly, and then can't be started up again without a reboot of the device. So it might be iOS 7.0.1 before this becomes a reality. Another limitation of IIA is that currently, nodes can only have one instance of them. But, the performance is there, with zero added latency.
wherewithal

Post by wherewithal »

pwnified wrote:Yep, I've been actively looking at inter app audio, and the possibility of multitrack becoming an audio unit host, and those are some test apps. It's mostly working. There are some issues with nodes not shutting down properly, and then can't be started up again without a reboot of the device. So it might be iOS 7.0.1 before this becomes a reality. Another limitation of IIA is that currently, nodes can only have one instance of them. But, the performance is there, with zero added latency.
This sounds hot.... It won't take much improvement here for this to be perfect for me. I would love some automation and the ability to place like tracks next to eachother and other general workflow organization improvements.
martygras

Post by martygras »

pwnified wrote:Yep, I've been actively looking at inter app audio, and the possibility of multitrack becoming an audio unit host, and those are some test apps. It's mostly working. There are some issues with nodes not shutting down properly, and then can't be started up again without a reboot of the device. So it might be iOS 7.0.1 before this becomes a reality. Another limitation of IIA is that currently, nodes can only have one instance of them. But, the performance is there, with zero added latency.
Well now were at 7.0.2 so get crackin'. (kidding)

I have heard of two 7.0.0 bugs that are significant.
1. The apps asking for access to the mic. (confusion)
2. IAA nodes get shut down on some iPhones when a call or text arrives. Then you have to reboot to clear the nodes.