awsome

New Features and requests for new features
srgian

awsome

Post by srgian »

first of all the app so far is awsome! thank u
I've read some of the comments bout fx drums midi etc and DO NOT put anything in it! As I see it it's not meant for that. Maybe only click is something you have to put in it and that's it.

everything works great leave it that way
Sourman

Re: awsome

Post by Sourman »

Yes I do also think that the app is great, but what I ask myself is "in which case will someone use 16 Tracks (which can not be recorded simultaniously) without using something like a drummaschine or midi-instruments "?

Am I wrong or is the normal way to record songs approx. like this:

1) have an idea
2) record the idea
3) build other harmonics or instruments around it

So how can I add drums/midi to my new Song ideas without a simple (drum/midi) Editor?

Maybe the Programm is not meant for fx, drums, midi, click, etc., but if this stuff is implemented well (without losing the intuitv gui), I think the app would be even more awsome. Then I think the app could become Legen…wait for it…dary!!!
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

srgian wrote:first of all the app so far is awsome! thank u
I've read some of the comments bout fx drums midi etc and DO NOT put anything in it! As I see it it's not meant for that. Maybe only click is something you have to put in it and that's it.

everything works great leave it that way
Glad you like it. There will be new features, but I will make sure that they don't get in the way, and that performance is maintained. I am dedicated to keeping it working great. Thanks for your comments.
srgian

Post by srgian »

Stereo. Nice. I'm waiting for my bluemickey to try it. The only problem is with input gain whan the sound is (even) not so loud. If it's cliping, it's cliping - no matter if input is even on min. But I really don't know if that's possible (unless of course u go several miles from source :) or simply vol down but...) if that's somehow possible I'll run naked on the street yelling how harmonicdog are giving advices to god. :)
killgoretrout

Post by killgoretrout »

Really great app!
Looking forward to version 2.0!
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

If v 2.0 has audio paste, you can paste in audio from your favorite drum machine app, such as DrumTrack8 (which has audio copy). That's how I will use Multitrack - paste in audio from various other apps. I will use it rarely, if at all, for live recording from the inputs.
iPad730

Post by iPad730 »

jorgren wrote:If v 2.0 has audio paste, you can paste in audio from your favorite drum machine app, such as DrumTrack8 (which has audio copy). That's how I will use Multitrack - paste in audio from various other apps. I will use it rarely, if at all, for live recording from the inputs.

Yes, with the Audio paste feature you can copy a track to a audio editing app like (reforge) edit and the import back into Multitrack (if you wanted to) for proper tracking.

This feature should be standard in all audio apps. Also, Line 6 has released its SDK for devs to incorporate midi into their apps.

If rectools had 16 tracks instead of 8 and supported usb AI for iPad, it would be a App Store DAW killer. But since it doesnt i'm hoping Multitrack will fill that void.
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

srgian,

The app developer has no way to control the hardware gain of the earbud mic input - there is no hardware gain adjustability. There are apps which multiply the digitized signal by a gain factor, but if the signal clips in the digitizer, the app can't fix it. The signal has to be at a proper level before it goes into the jack.

I believe at least one maker of a docking-port mic offers software-selectable gain settings, but I don't know whether they have exposed this feature to app developers. My Belkin TuneTalk has a 2-position gain switch, which has worked well enough for me so far.