Apogee Duet for iPad - problem fixed

New Features and requests for new features
dominicperry

Apogee Duet for iPad - problem fixed

Post by dominicperry »

Is this problem fixed, or will it be fixed in the next update?
ayampols wrote:Just reporting that the "Apogee Duet for iPad & Mac" suffers from severe delay due to the buffer size being improperly set. The interface itself is superb, however, and works well with other DAWs.

Thanks

Dominic
pwnified

Re: Apogee Duet for iPad - problem fixed

Post by pwnified »

I think it should be fixed in the next update. Unfortunately I don't have a Duet handy for testing, but I'll see if I can find someone who does.
martygras

Post by martygras »

Hey Pwnified, your statement got me thinking (and that's not easy) I was wondering what interfaces do you test with MT DAW?

I currently have:
Alesis IO Dock
Akai EIE (the red one)
Griffin Studioconnect

I also have the original iRig, but I use that for target practice. ;)
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
dominicperry

Post by dominicperry »

pwnified wrote:I think it should be fixed in the next update. Unfortunately I don't have a Duet handy for testing, but I'll see if I can find someone who does.
Thanks, good to know.

Dominic
ayampols

Post by ayampols »

pwnified wrote:Unfortunately I don't have a Duet handy for testing, but I'll see if I can find someone who does.
I would be happy to help in any way I can. The workaround you suggested to me -- to always launch MT DAW from AudioBus -- is only partially effective. With iOS 7.1, MT DAW's mishandling of this interface causes AudioBus to crash. My outbox is full of crash logs now. As with the nasty delay, this is easily reproducible and clearly attributable to MT DAW.

I have found a sequence of steps to get MT DAW to function properly with the interface. One needs to follow the steps precisely each time. I approach the task as if it was a space docking or a surgical procedure. It also helps to pretend that I'm working with bleeding edge unsupported systems jury-rigged together, rather than easy-to-use devices made for the masses.
ayampols

Post by ayampols »

I tested the pre-release build 3.2.3.11 and it appears this problem is gone! MT DAW sets the buffer properly and other apps see it and respect the value. Haven't bumped into any issues with the Apogee Duet for iOS. Very cool, thank you!
dominicperry

Post by dominicperry »

ayampols wrote:I tested the pre-release build 3.2.3.11 and it appears this problem is gone! MT DAW sets the buffer properly and other apps see it and respect the value. Haven't bumped into any issues with the Apogee Duet for iOS. Very cool, thank you!
Excellent. Let's hope this update fixes everything and doesn't introduce any new bugs, as the next release on this schedule will be Oct 2015

Dominic