Zero'ing faders

New Features and requests for new features
dominicperry

Zero'ing faders

Post by dominicperry »

I'd appreciate some method for returning input and output faders to 0.0 as I spend a lot of time fiddling with, for example, getting from -0.4 to 0.0. Perhaps a double click. Or maybe tapping the top or bottom of the slider bar (rather than the fader knob itself) could do increments of 0.1 for precise changes. Or maybe using two fingers in a pinch/zoom type of way could be used for smaller adjustments. Just some thoughts. Thanks.

Dominic
Trombophonic

Re: Zero'ing faders

Post by Trombophonic »

I would like to second this request.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Ok I've finally made some headway on this. The problem was that the "onTouchUp" was also sending a final move message, so when releasing the finger unevenly (which is almost impossible NOT to do) it would send a final value to the slider. I'll look into snapping and I really like that idea about 2 finger fine control.
dominicperry

Post by dominicperry »

Thanks for looking into this, and for keeping us up to speed, I look forward to the update.

Many thanks.

Dominic
eopix

Post by eopix »

I have the same issue - can't get 0.0 easily. I like the double-tap on the finger button on the slider idea. At present double-tap does nothing, so there is certainly wiggle room to look for a double-tap and zero the slider (fader).
Touchy

Post by Touchy »

For all those having problems with the setting loop points and zeroing faders and pan etc, the two finger touch already works, i.e - set a fader, or the pan, to zero keep your finger where it is and touch anywhere on the background and voila it takes the focus of your first finger, also works for loop points too just keep your second finger on the screen and remove the first finger.
i just discoverd it, and it works like a charm. just thought some people might like to know :)
I will make a new thread about this might help some people out.

Cheers
Touchy