Track name quandary

New Features and requests for new features
Strata189

Track name quandary

Post by Strata189 »

Avid MDAW user here! But, I have a question regarding track names assigned when using AudioBus.
I can't seem to change these, and when I do a wifi transfer to my desktop, I end up (sometimes) with 4 tracks titled "AudioShare Output" and, short of listening to each one, no idea which is which. Is there a way around this? It would be great if when we name region, that name showed up in the song folder.
It would also be helpful when copying and pasting named segments to have the name show up in the copies.
Lastly, when editing tracks, which MDAW does better than any other app, it seems like the track's position is not as solid as it was. The slightest touch moves it up and down, and it often takes 2 or 3 tries to touch it without it skittering. Is there a way to desensitize it just a little?
I love this app, and have used it almost daily for the last year. These are not deal-breakers for me, by any means, just a few things that would make a great app even better. IMHO, of course!
Thanks for all your hard work,

Randall
pwnified

Re: Track name quandary

Post by pwnified »

There are actually 3 different naming places, you can name a Track, an Audio Clip (Bin), or a Region.

Renaming a Track - Long-touch the track name in the track header. These names will show up in the wifi download page, and the downloaded files should use these names (it sounds like this is what you want).

Renaming an Audio Clip (Bin) - If you open the Audio Browser (Long-touch over track -> select 'Audio' -> 'Song' tab), you can rename the Bins of the song, they will appear in the wifi download page and the downloaded files should use these names.

Finally you can also rename Regions by (long-touch over them, select 'Name'). The regions wont appear on the download page, so renaming a region is just for organization within multitrack.
Strata189

Re: Track name quandary

Post by Strata189 »

Profuse thanks!