New Feature Suggestions

New Features and requests for new features
Music_Whizz

New Feature Suggestions

Post by Music_Whizz »

First of all, congratulations on such an impressive app, with such a small and efficient code. Now I have confidence that you will be able to achieve some of the items on this wish list which are listed in my order of priority.

1) The ability to set "Punch In/Out" locators at any point in the song to overwrite the existing track.
2) The ability to "highlight" a selection of the waveform and then mute it or apply a fade in/out.
3) The ability to "highlight" a selection of the waveform and then drag it / copy it to a new location on the timeline.
4) The ability to send a variable amount of any track to a global reverb. (I know a decent sounding reverb will be tricky but I believe you can do this!)
5) The ability to import mp3/pcm/wav tracks in stereo or mono. For example importing a drum loop as the basis for a song. It would also be even more useful if you could position multiple imported loops in the timeline (Pattern 1, Pattern 2, Fill, Break etc)
6) The ability to define a track as mono / stereo and allow true stereo recording (Essential even if you can only allow 1 stereo track per song).
7) The ability to apply insert effects to a track (Chorus, Delay, EQ).
8) Metronome with the ability to set the time signature of the song. A grid showing bars and beats would be useful, so that you can drag selected portions of the wave and snap to one of the grid lines.

Well that's enough of my wish list for now. It might be worth looking at the application "Xewton Music Studio" for some great ideas on how to select / move / copy the waveforms. I think their approach is very innovative given the limitations of the iPhone user interface. Good luck and well done on creating such a great and promising app.

Regards, Mark
pwnified

Re: New Feature Suggestions

Post by pwnified »

Music_Whizz wrote:First of all, congratulations on such an impressive app, with such a small and efficient code. Now I have confidence that you will be able to achieve some of the items on this wish list which are listed in my order of priority.

1) The ability to set "Punch In/Out" locators at any point in the song to overwrite the existing track.
2) The ability to "highlight" a selection of the waveform and then mute it or apply a fade in/out.
3) The ability to "highlight" a selection of the waveform and then drag it / copy it to a new location on the timeline.
4) The ability to send a variable amount of any track to a global reverb. (I know a decent sounding reverb will be tricky but I believe you can do this!)
5) The ability to import mp3/pcm/wav tracks in stereo or mono. For example importing a drum loop as the basis for a song. It would also be even more useful if you could position multiple imported loops in the timeline (Pattern 1, Pattern 2, Fill, Break etc)
6) The ability to define a track as mono / stereo and allow true stereo recording (Essential even if you can only allow 1 stereo track per song).
7) The ability to apply insert effects to a track (Chorus, Delay, EQ).
8) Metronome with the ability to set the time signature of the song. A grid showing bars and beats would be useful, so that you can drag selected portions of the wave and snap to one of the grid lines.

Well that's enough of my wish list for now. It might be worth looking at the application "Xewton Music Studio" for some great ideas on how to select / move / copy the waveforms. I think their approach is very innovative given the limitations of the iPhone user interface. Good luck and well done on creating such a great and promising app.

Regards, Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your suggestions. You can import tracks(mp3/pcm/wav/aac) using the wifi right now, have you tried it?

Punch in, Metronome, time signature, stereo recording, and grid (ruler) are coming soon in the 1.1 update. Non destructive editing and effects will be here in the first part of next year.
albertkinng

Post by albertkinng »

I Think fade in and fade out is a most right now. please add those features! I can't use this app as my main portable soution in my work if Fade in or fade out aren't available!!!
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

I agree - and the best implementation would be the ability to draw volume curves, which would add a great deal of utility.
R38

Post by R38 »

First let me start by saying - WOW - just downloaded it and am loving playing with it ... hope it will allow me to record VO on the go - in broadcast quality...

Somethings I would like to see are:

- a "Split Region" feature
- fade in / fade out
- and maybe 48hz?

Thanks a lot for what promises to be a very cool new tool in my toolbox!