Easy way of accessing your songs

New Features and requests for new features
Triple22

Easy way of accessing your songs

Post by Triple22 »

At the moment. To view or download any songs we have to visit a wifi link thats given to use, wouldnt it be much easier if when plugged in open up a program designed by same company and allows you to choose what songs you want and copy them to your desktop.
jorgren

Re: Easy way of accessing your songs

Post by jorgren »

It certainly would. Unfortunately, Apple hates their customers and blocks that.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Yeah it's pretty much impossible. The only way is to use Wi-Fi, and the web browser is the most portable solution. We thought about making an app that would replace the web browser, but the features would be very similar and it would be harder to maintain.
hp sudon

Post by hp sudon »

it works great with the browser as it is... I don't see the difference between plugging it in and starting up some app to transfer files and just opening an address in a browser.... quick, easy, effective, don't even have to plug the thing into a computer. I like it.
stevo

Post by stevo »

I would add that if we had the ability to choose several tracks at once prior to download from the web page, that would be best. In other words, multi select and hit download only once. How hard would a "multiselect" be?

My only dislike with WiFi in this case and most others like it is that you can only do one track in one song at a time. Multiselect is the way to go if it can work...
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

stevo you hit upon the main issue with using a browser instead of a dedicated desktop app. Right now it seems if you click another track for downloading, while another is rendering, it cancels the first one. So ideally, you would simply click on all the tracks you want to download, and they get queued up, rendered, and delivered. I'll look into a queuing system for downloads.
Jangaat

Post by Jangaat »

Hello-

iPad user here with Multi Track DAW 2.0.8.

With the new iOS 4.3, Apple does now allow apps to access the iPod section of the iPad. There appears to be a standard interface as I have used it on iShred and Amplitude. It allows much easier access to songs (genres, artists, compilations, etc) than the current Multi Track DAW iPod interface.

It also does not require to be loaded (Reading iPod Library) everytime it is accessed.

This would be a welcome feature in Multi Track DAW.

Thanks
J
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Thanks for the heads up, it's going to be a bit before I can update to 4.3. But currently I've changed the iPod import to use the Apple supplied browser anyway. I'll try to get this shit out soon. Notably missing is the preview (you now have to close the browser and then preview), but there are no more load times especially with a large library.