Problems with ThumbJam

How to use MultiTrack DAW
espiegel123

Problems with ThumbJam

Post by espiegel123 »

Hi,

I am not able to get MultiTrack and Thumbjam to work together using either IAA or Audiobus 2. I've tried on a couple of devices (both using the latest MultiTrack and ThumbJam). ThumbJam is working fine with IAA and GarageBand which makes me think it is MultiTrack related (though I have posted a query on the ThumbJam forum also).

Here is what I do (and this works fine with DrumJam, Arturia ISEM and Animoog):

* in multitrack, create a track and choose ThumbJam as the input source
* click on the Arm button
* when the ThumbJam icon appears in multitrack, I click on it to switch to Thumbjam

When I arrive in ThumbJam, I can't play the thumb jam instrument. I get no sound from ThumbJam. The IAA transport and icons appear and pressing play will cause multitrack (which is in the background) to play back any non-Thumbjam tracks.

I have tried everything that I can think of: playing with the input monitor settings, playing with the play in background settings, but none of that has an impact.

MultiTrack works fine with the other IAA instruments I've tried. ThumbJam works fine with GarageBand's IAA.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Edward
pwnified

Re: Problems with ThumbJam

Post by pwnified »

Hmm, there have been some issues recently with IAA again. I'm looking into this currently, pretty sure it has to do with timestamps starting from zero like multitrack uses. Something might have changed with the way effect apps are using the timestamp, although most apps are ok. I think I've pinpointed the issue and I'm planning an update very soon, and a fix will be in for this. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks for the feedback!
espiegel123

Re: Problems with ThumbJam

Post by espiegel123 »

Great!