Can't get tracks to email

How to use MultiTrack DAW
J Bob

Can't get tracks to email

Post by J Bob »

Checked other forum entries, problem is not loop settings. It appears that the email is never "submitted," as the message does not appear in the sent folder, or in the outbound-waiting-for-pickup folder.

I don't see any settings in the software for configuring the email; guessing this info is picked up from the operating system. Trying to assist a friend with the software -- it's his iPad,I just know more about the tech end than he does.

I don't think it's a "too big to email" issue, as I -have- set a short loop, and tried exporting just a few seconds of the song. Any pointers on how I can help him get his recordings exported? I'd try just attaching the file from the email client, but I don't know where to look for the mp4/ogg/wav files.

Thanks.
pwnified

Re: Can't get tracks to email

Post by pwnified »

Hi J Bob,

All multitrack really does is call the Apple email form and add the attachment and pass it off to iOS, so usually problems like this is something with the server or possibly the receiving client blocking it, spam filtered etc. When sending large attachments iOS should ask if you want to use MailDrop, which is completely transparent to multitrack it should just work. Make sure you can send email with attachments directly from the Mail app first, maybe reboot and restart to make sure nothing is stuck in the Mail app.

Also there are other ways to get the files out like Dropbox or Google Drive, use the Mixdown feature to create the file into the Shared Folder and from there, "Share" the file to other apps or Airdrop to a computer.
J Bob

Re: Can't get tracks to email

Post by J Bob »

Thanks for the suggestions. Will give those a try, and report back.

Mailing attachments "manually" works fine on the tablet. I am told that emailing files "used" to work; I don't know what might have changed. The mail form appears (with attachment), but the message never appears in the sent folder.