Love the Update! My gyrometer is broken...

How to use MultiTrack DAW
mattsanford

Love the Update! My gyrometer is broken...

Post by mattsanford »

So I can't turn it to landscape mode, and now can't access the FX, etc... anyway in a future update to make it possible to rotate it with two fingers or access all the features in portrait mode?
pwnified

Re: Love the Update! My gyrometer is broken...

Post by pwnified »

That is an unfortunate turn of events, admittedly I didn't even think of this case. With the accelerometer broken, you simply have no way to get to the IN/OUT faders and Bus/mast effects. I suppose the buttons could be unhidden if space is available instead of iOS dictating that it's horizontally compact, there are a lot of devices that would fit the buttons in portrait mode no problem. A better solution could be another way to open the IN/OUT faders without the buttons, maybe a menu item that appears in portrait mode. I'll see what I can do for the point update.
mattsanford

Post by mattsanford »

You are amazing! Thank you!
Even if we can slide them all over to the right that would work - really my fault for upgrading to a ...refurbished phone, sometimes (usually if it's hot) it will flip sideways just to play with my emotions. Still, aside from all that limitation this app has been a godsend for my portable sanity and for that I can't thank you enough!
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

I just realized there is a way to do this in the iOS settings app. If you go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Touch -> Assistive Touch -> ON.
Then you can use the virtual button -> Device -> Rotate Screen.

www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-lock-rotation ... scape-mode

IMG_2840.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ccrusius

Post by ccrusius »

Just dropping by for a "me too." In my case, my iPhone 5S is mounted in portrait mode on my music stand because the other apps I use do not have a landscape layout. In order to access the "In" and "Out" menus I have to take the phone out of the stand, do whatever I need to, and put it back... Having a way to access those from portrait mode would be nice.

BTW: making the buttons smaller so they would fit would probably work out just fine, even for the 5S. The track controls are usually much smaller than those buttons anyway.
ccrusius

Post by ccrusius »

Bumping after the 6.x upgrade - the release notes say the OUT button should be visible in phones "wider than 320 points" in portrait mode but it still doesn't show up on my SE 1st gen. Is the feature for 320 "points" (4.44 inches) or 320 pixels?
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

The Out button will become visible when the device is wider than 320, but not exactly 320. The next size up is 375 points which will enable the button. This excludes all the 5 devices (5, 5s, 5c, SE) and iPad's in 1/3 or 1/4 Split Screen view from displaying the button. I will clean up the wording, apologies for the confusion.

Here is a handy guide showing the point sizes of iPhone's:
paintcodeapp.com/news/ultimate-guide-to-iphone-resolutions