Send output while recording to audiobus

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Ggoss333

Send output while recording to audiobus

Post by Ggoss333 »

Hey there! I just started using audiobus and multitrack again after a long time. I was curious if I’m missing something. When I set multitrack as an input in audiobus (basically so I can use a track in multitrack (guitar) to send to loopyHD while recording the guitar track at the same time... like basically a real bus) there’s no audio in audiobus while monitoring or recording, only on playback. Can you use audiobus as a real “send” from multitrack that’s inserted in the recording/monitoring chain? I see that multitrack says “sending” when I try to do this but no audio. Thanks!

ps my main goal is to somehow take a guitar input, run it through a guitar amp effect, send it to loopy but also record the effected guitar tone in multitrack. Then I’ll also send the outputs from loopy to multitrack so that I have a multitrack recording of my looping session.

Thanks a ton!
pwnified

Re: Send output while recording to audiobus

Post by pwnified »

It's an interesting use case, but fairly complex. When a track is being sent ('Sending' label on the track), currently only the prerecorded track data is sent to IAA/Audiobus, and not other track inputs. Is the reason you need this for monitoring only? Because there might be other opportunities for monitoring along the signal chain somewhere else, if the 'Input Monitor' switch isn't enough.