Arm track not working

How to use MultiTrack DAW
hollinra

Arm track not working

Post by hollinra »

I'm a new DAW user and am having trouble arming a track. I just purchased the application on my iPad. I touch on the arm symbol, the box expands, but when I touch on the larger "arm" button, it still will not arm for recording. I have enabled "iPad Microphone".
pwnified

Re: Arm track not working

Post by pwnified »

Hi hollinra,

Try the IN button (next to the Arm button) and make sure a mono mic source is selected. If the mono sources are not appearing in the list, try arming a new track (use the '+' button). Mono sources wont appear on stereo tracks and viceversa. Hope this helps, let us know if it still doesn't work.
dyker124

Post by dyker124 »

I have been using MultiTrackDAW for some years constantly and find it an excellent APP.

However, I too am now having trouble 'Arming'. Since the recent update on my iPad to ver. 5.0.3.(1), I am unable to 'Arm' the track for recording. The 'Arm' button remains grey and non-active. My iPad is rather old but in perfect condition. Because of it's age, the operating system is no longer updatable by Apple and has an IOS of 9.3.5.

If I recycle the power to the iPad then reload MultiTrackDAW from the APP, the track 'Arms' okay but for one time only. After that it is greyed out again and unusable.

(I have also previously sent an email so please disregard email)
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Thanks for the detailed information, that helps a lot actually. Something did change, a permission dialog will now pop up when trying to arm a track with a coreaudio input and the user has previously denied microphone access. Or it should. It sounds like something has gone wrong with this on older devices. Does it help to make sure microphone access is enabled in the Privacy Settings? Go to Settings -> MultiTrack -> Microphone and make sure it's ON
dyker124

Post by dyker124 »

In 'Settings' the microphone is ON.

In MultiTrackDAW when pressing the (greyed out) 'ARM' button the button remains greyed out and the screen returns a message saying:- No mono sources found.

If I press the IN button it comes up with a little box which shows and reads:- Headset Microphone

I hope this helps.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

I was able to dig up an old iPad with iOS 9.3.5 and sure enough, the bug appeared. It happens when entering the background and returning. I will have an update in the next couple days to address this. In the meantime, the workaround is to close multitrack (home button), then double-tap the home button and swipe MultiTrack away in the taskmanager to kill it, then restart multitrack, which will work until the app enters background/foreground. Thanks again for the bug reports and patience.
dyker124

Post by dyker124 »

Thank you very much for the information and for your very prompt action in addressing the problem.

Today I have downloaded your latest update (5.0.4) and everything now is fine.

First class service as always.

Thanks again.
Roger
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Excellent :D