Questions on Multitrack DAW

How to use MultiTrack DAW
cargomaster

Questions on Multitrack DAW

Post by cargomaster »

I’m thinking of moving off my current DAW, because I tend to have issues with it, and I’m looking for something similar. I only need audio, I need to be able to punch in and out automatically for overdubs.

Can I have multiple IAA/AU plugins per track?

Are there any buses? I like to send my original track to a bus, then send it back to two tracks, one of which I’ll put effects on, the other leave raw, and then mix those two.

Can I export stems or some other raw format? I have Auria with all the fabfilter plugins, which is great, I have just found it problematic for other things, and the support is very spotty. It seems that Hamilton answers questions regularly here, and from the low volume, I’m guessing there are not a lot of problems. But once my track capture is complete, I might want to export the wav files and import them to Auria

Is there any plans to integrate with Dropbox for archiving of projects? I like doing that in Auria, as it keeps the storage on my iPad reasonable, and keeps the clutter out of the interface.
cargomaster

Re: Questions on Multitrack DAW

Post by cargomaster »

I ended up purchasing it. It looks like it will do exactly what I want.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

:lol: maybe I should introduce some bugs to stir up controversy to get more people talking about it.
I always liked to believe that multitrack's core userbase is just so busy recording and making awesome new sounds that there is no time left for internet drama.:lol:

I think most of what you mentioned is possible. There is a single effects bus, and instead of separate wet and dry tracks the bus itself has a mix knob. To export stems the easiest way is to use wifi download from a computer. There is no native dropbox support, but you can archive the projects by long-touch, and then share the zipped projects with all the standard iOS sharing options including opening in dropbox or the Files app.

If you have space on your iPad, you can make folders to better organize the song projects.
cargomaster

Post by cargomaster »

pwnified wrote: January 17th, 2:14 pm :lol: maybe I should introduce some bugs to stir up controversy to get more people talking about it.
I always liked to believe that multitrack's core userbase is just so busy recording and making awesome new sounds that there is no time left for internet drama.:lol:

I think most of what you mentioned is possible. There is a single effects bus, and instead of separate wet and dry tracks the bus itself has a mix knob. To export stems the easiest way is to use wifi download from a computer. There is no native dropbox support, but you can archive the projects by long-touch, and then share the zipped projects with all the standard iOS sharing options including opening in dropbox or the Files app.

If you have space on your iPad, you can make folders to better organize the song projects.
Yes, starting to figure this out.

Love the reverb that comes with. Am I correct in thinking that it’s the same for all tracks sent to it, so the adjustment I have is the percentage that goes there? I think I’m okay with that.

One other question, is there a way to raise or drop gain for a single region or section of a track? That’s one thing I’d miss, to be able to drop or boost the volume of a phrase.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Just the single effects bus for now, but you can always add AU reverbs to each track of course. Not as easy as turning up a single send knob admittedly. Per-region volume is not planned, but full track automation should be ready for release this summer.
cargomaster

Post by cargomaster »

pwnified wrote: January 18th, 2:22 pm Just the single effects bus for now, but you can always add AU reverbs to each track of course. Not as easy as turning up a single send knob admittedly. Per-region volume is not planned, but full track automation should be ready for release this summer.
Very nice. That’ll work.
d4dg

Post by d4dg »

pwnified wrote: January 18th, 2:22 pm Just the single effects bus for now, but you can always add AU reverbs to each track of course. Not as easy as turning up a single send knob admittedly. Per-region volume is not planned, but full track automation should be ready for release this summer.
Automation would be very cool in MTD, looking forward to that development.