Region Tiling

How to use MultiTrack DAW
dryjoy

Region Tiling

Post by dryjoy »

Hi there

I'm just having a play with Multitrack and liking it so far. I've come from years of using Logic Pro, in an effort to separate the process of recording 'demos' and 'production'.

I've seen a reference to 'region tiling', which appears to be a way to loop a region (e.g. a drum loop), but I can't work out how to actually accomplish this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by dryjoy on February 18th, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pwnified

Re: Region Tiling

Post by pwnified »

The idea is if you want to repeat a region many many times you can copy/paste in batches of increasing size to cover a large amount of space quickly. So you can copy a region and paste to get 2, copy those 2 regions and paste to get 4, copy those 4 and paste to get 8, etc. and in no time you can have a whole song tiled out. Make sure to turn on Snap in the menu and the pasted regions will snap to the exact endpoint.

MultiTrack will automatically re-use the underlying Audio, only the regions will be repeated (if you paste to the same track or a track in the same song with the same number of channels)

It's a bit more work than simply dragging out a Loop handle, but you do get more control.
dryjoy

Re: Region Tiling

Post by dryjoy »

Great, thanks - makes sense.
Thanks for the response.