Snaps and pops on tracks after using mixdown

How to use MultiTrack DAW
NoiseFarmer

Snaps and pops on tracks after using mixdown

Post by NoiseFarmer »

Hello,

While listening back to some of my mixed down tracks I’ve been experiencing “snaps/pops”. After going back and listening to the original tracks, the noises aren’t there. I’m using the Harmonic Dog on an IPad Pro.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Noise Farmer
pwnified

Re: Snaps and pops on tracks after using mixdown

Post by pwnified »

Depending on the version of multitrack used to create the mix, I seem to recall a bug which caused a clip to occur in the normalization pass on 24 bit mixdowns. It's been fixed for a while though. Another thing it might be is if you have IAA/AU plugins that might have glitched out during mixdown but not on playback. If you have the current version of multitrack, I'd love to hear the details of your setup
NoiseFarmer

Re: Snaps and pops on tracks after using mixdown

Post by NoiseFarmer »

Pwnified,

Thanks for the response. My app is running the current version. All instruments run through a Behringer UB1002 mixer and/or a Yamaha PM-430 mixer. The mixers run into a Focusrite Itrack Solo then into a HyperDrive, into a 2019 IPad Pro. I think the HyperDrive USB hub was the culprit. It comes with a short adapter cable to use if you have a case on your iPad, which I do. Over time the adapter cable started glitching and then it finally quit working. I contacted Hyperdrive, they sent me a new adapter and I haven’t had the issue since. Strange issue, let’s hope it doesn’t come back.
BTW, this app is great.

Noise Farmer