Upgrade

How to use MultiTrack DAW
dkijc

Upgrade

Post by dkijc »

Hi folks, I purchased the upgrade (16 track) for the app LONG time ago and when I try to restore it it is telling me I don't have any upgrade to restore.

With the new version do I have to purchased the upgrade, again?

Thanks!
pwnified

Re: Upgrade

Post by pwnified »

You should never have to purchase an upgrade more than once. This might happen if you are signed in with a different Apple ID than the one that you originally made the In-App purchase with. Search your purchase history or try to find the original email receipt for the IAP and make sure it's the same Apple ID you're currently signed in with. If it is, contact me directly and we'll get you sorted.
dkijc

Post by dkijc »

Hi~

I am using the same id and I've been using your product for few years so not sure how long I have to go back on my email to find the receipt :)

Do you think the 'Restore purchase' button just isn't behaving? Do you think if I press $7.99 and it will recognize the previous purchase? haha
dkijc

Post by dkijc »

Bump.

I PM'd you. not sure if you read it. Thanks!
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Well, it actually got complicated because multitrack started off with 16 tracks when it first came out in 2009. But then I changed it to 8 tracks standard, with an upgrade option to go to 24. People who bought the original 16 track version, should have been upgraded to 16 automatically so they wouldn't feel ripped off. And there was also an upgrade path for them to go from 16 -> 24 for a lower price. So the 2 upgrades are both still available (8 -> 24 and 16 -> 24) but only one will show up in the Upgrades tab in multitrack.

So if you bought the original 16 track recorder, I wouldn't recommend attempting a purchase of the 8 -> 24 upgrade because you probably already have the 16 -> 24 and it would charge you again.

The Restore Purchases button is intended to solve all this, it should deliver your purchased upgrade and get you to 24.

I think you might try contacting Apple support, they should know how to fix this. Shoot me an email if you run into trouble
dkijc

Post by dkijc »

Thank you! I'll try to figure that out. I'm pretty sure I have purchased the upgrade to 24 track in the past. Because I remember paying twice when it comes to your app. (I love it that much. haha).

I'll try to reach out to them. Thank you!
dkijc

Post by dkijc »

Do you know which year you've changed your app to 8 track and allowed to purchase 24 tracks?

I may have been dreaming. I searched the seller name on my email and all i got was the original purchase of the 16track.

Apple was not helpful at all. I had to search for the order id and that meant I had to scroll thousands of purchases/updates I got from the store... finding a needle in a haystack might have been easier (with a magnet, of course)