Any clues on the next release ? ?

New Features and requests for new features
pwnified

Re: Any clues on the next release ? ?

Post by pwnified »

You will be able to drag the loop markers to where you want to split, and then use the Hotbox to erase inside. The loop markers are easier to control now. It's useful for trimming out clicks and pops without changing the timing. So the "Split" has some width to it, which can be fixed with a trim. So it's not totally ideal for slicing up a beat, I'm still looking into a real "Slice" tool, possibly using the playhead as you suggest.
Touchy

Post by Touchy »

Thanks for the relpy :)

Thats good news, and i am sure its appreciated by all. A dedicated split tool sounds great also!. looking forward to it. when do you think the next update might be out? some time in november, or december?. Any kind of time frame?

cheers
Touchy

Oh and thanks for the improved looping function(s) and listening to your customers/users :)
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Looks like realistically December.
Touchy

Post by Touchy »

Cool not too far away, i can wait that long :)

Thanks
Touchy
stevo

Post by stevo »

If you can't get Reverb to work, is it possible to create a separate Reverb app that will work on rendered tracks so they can be pasted back into MT? The only Reverb I've found is not very good. And if the answer is "yes, we can create a separate app", it would be real cool to have reverb, delay and chorus in the one app.
beyond

Post by beyond »

Sonoma's Studiotrack, which is very overpriced at $39, actually has some very nice effects, including reverb, compression, delay, and EQ. You can copy individual tracks from MultiTrack and paste them (using Sonoma's audio copy/paste) into indivdidual tracks in StudioTrack.

The thing with Studiotrack is you can't move sounds around or anything like that, it's a linear timeline. So in this context, it's really more of a mastering app to complement Multitrack -- get your song set up the way you want it arranged and performed in Multi. It's got a very nice looking gui, and it does some things nicely. Think of MultiTrack as the main creation engine hub, and StudioTrack is one of the tools that can be used to add polish to what you create in MultiTrack.

As pointed out by someone else, NanoStudio also has some reverb, delay and filtering capabilities, but it's a little different approach. Still nice though, just different.
stevo

Post by stevo »

I may just have to get a look at Nano Studio, it just looks so different and I already have so many apps.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

stevo wrote:And if the answer is "yes, we can create a separate app", it would be real cool to have reverb, delay and chorus in the one app.
Well, there are a bunch of tradeoffs, such as whether adding reverb is a destructive process (undoable), or if it caches a processed version (using extra filespace), whether that caching process is in the background or uses a progress bar If so, changing a reverb setting must tear up the current cache and start fresh. Or maybe I can figure out how to add it to the main cache (with a preroll and extra space for the tail).

Also, there are some issues with looping and reverb tails, and stopping the playback will immediately kill the tail also (tails are useful for hearing how much effect is actually on a track). There might be a workaround for this. These are the limitations of the system MultiTrack uses for caching (Multitrack is not a brute force system)

I'm not saying it can't be done within MT, just that if it can be done I'll need some more time to get it right.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

beyond wrote:As pointed out by someone else, NanoStudio also has some reverb, delay and filtering capabilities, but it's a little different approach. Still nice though, just different.
I think the main issue with nano (not knocking the product in any way, if fact I love the app) is that the sample lengths are limited to fit into memory (8 MB each). And adding effects to a track is then, split up the track, copy then paste into nano, create a synth patch the uses the sample, trigger the sample by playing a key (middle C?) and record the whole process, then copy the mixdown back into MT. In MT you would need to delete the original or mute the original track and paste the new clip so that it lines up with the old one. If you not happy with the result or want to change a setting, repeat the whole process. So a bit involved to say the least.

StudioTrack would be a bit easier (however it's iPad only).
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

"[quote][/quote]Also I have been doing some work on a system of sharing audio between apps."

For this to work, would you need the cooperation of the other app developers? I'd really like to be able to use AmpliTube with MultiTrack, but would they need to be on board with you?