Memory usage

How to use MultiTrack DAW
herdkilla

Memory usage

Post by herdkilla »

I have just started using DAW (excellent DAW by the way) and having put together a couple of test songs, which have subsequently been deleted, I notice that the amount of iPad memory used by DAW has actually increased rather than reduced as I would have expected. Currently I have no songs but the memory show 168mb. I should add that I have several plugins installed as well but I would not expect them to add to the memory use when there are no songs. Can anyone explain this please?

PhillipJohn
pwnified

Re: Memory usage

Post by pwnified »

MultiTrack uses a cache to speed up song playback which can grow fairly large, but if you used multitrack to delete the songs, it should have deleted the cache as well. If you deleted the songs some other way like the Finder (or iTunes File Sharing), the caches probably got left behind. However, these caches will be cleaned up on the next restart of multitrack. So try this: use the iOS task manager and swipe multitrack away to kill it, then start it again and check in the Settings app if the filespace usage went down.