Moving Clips Accurately

New Features and requests for new features
beyond

Moving Clips Accurately

Post by beyond »

This has been mentioned before, but thought I would mention it again, along with a potential solution:

Often, you're moving a clip, and you have it just where you want it, and you remove your finger, and it moves slightly. A couple of suggestions on this:

1. Make it so that if the user holds a clip in place for more than two seconds, it locks the clip there unless there's intentional movement in another direction from the user. however, then you need to set a "locking point" and quantify "intentional movement" from the user. OR;

2. do a multi-touch command, such as double tapping with another finger to designate a lock in movement, then even if the user moves their hand slightly when removing it, it doesn't matter.

Just a thought... :mrgreen:
Honeycroft

Re: Moving Clips Accurately

Post by Honeycroft »

Brilliant suggestion beyond and one I could certainly do with. I guess it's a flaw if having a touch screen.
Touchy

Post by Touchy »

Sound good i like that idea too
starBastet

Post by starBastet »

I LOVE the hold/lock concept. The only App I've seen use this is MicroPool, & it is FANTASTIC.
In regards to the multi-touch, I have found in most cases that tapping the opposite side of the screen with a second finger DOES in fact relieve the action of the other finger. It doesn't work if your fingers are on the same side of the screen. It doesn't work for ALL functions, such as the Punch Markers, but it does for most things on the main screen, such as moving clips & trimming. I'm pretty sure it's a bug that I'm exploiting, but an intended implementation would be awesome.

[Love DAW, btw. Best App on my phone because it feels like I'm using a desktop application when I use it]
Svrap

Post by Svrap »

I plug IPod touch headphone out into my Mac audio in. Record with program called Peak. Save s mp3 and drag into ITunes. Works for me.