How to use MultiTrack DAW
Kmatic

Freeze mode

Post by Kmatic »

Hy multiplayers
Im a newbie in forum
in the manual I don't find anything about freeze mode
Am I wrong or isn't there? :roll:
if possible we would need an explanation maybe in help..
otherwise a great app, unlocked at 24 ch is the top on ios :!:
Tnx for the answers
pwnified

Re: Freeze mode

Post by pwnified »

You are right, there isn't much documentation on the freeze feature. Freeze basically renders the track with all the plugins and FX, and then releases the plugins to save processing power plus they can be used on other tracks. Once you freeze a track, you can still adjust the volume and pan settings but not the other settings such as eq/compressor/plugin settings. Freeze was important for IAA (Inter-App Audio) plugins because you can only have a single global instance of each plugin. The newer AU (AudioUnit v3) plugins allow more than one instance now, but you can still freeze the tracks to reduce CPU usage. And some plugins are very heavy on processing these days so it helps.

If you don't have IAA/AU plugins on the track, you don't need to freeze the track.

Technical details; The track is prerendered to a cached sparse file, in floating point wav format.

TLDR; Essentially, once you get a track sounding exactly like you want with all the eq/comp/plugin settings dialed in, you can freeze the track to lock it in and reduce CPU usage.

I'll have updated documentation shortly.
Kmatic

Re: Freeze mode

Post by Kmatic »

Tnx 4 support master
your app is top of the range (I unlocked 24 channels is phenomenal) thanks for clarification of the setting