New tracks already have Fx enabled?

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Alun101_uk

New tracks already have Fx enabled?

Post by Alun101_uk »

Hi,

I’ve noticed recently that every new Song I create, when I click on “Out”, I’ve noticed that BUS 1 has Reverb already enabled, and BUS 2 already has Delay enabled.

I’ve gone back through all my older tracks and they are all the same.

Fortunately under the FX tab for each track the BUS Sends are all zeroed, so I’ve not had it impact my FOH mix.

Can you advise whether this is intentional or is it an error?

I’ve added screen shots to show what I mean.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pwnified

Re: New tracks already have Fx enabled?

Post by pwnified »

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, it's by design. It was originally intended to make it easy to add reverb to a track by simply turning up the Send knob on the track. There is also an optimization that makes it free, in terms of CPU usage, to have reverb or delay enabled as long as no signal is present on the bus (all send knobs are down). It basically turns off the effect if no signal is present.

With the addition of a second bus, I defaulted the delay to being on, but also put in blue dots on the Tab to indicate power status. I thought this was a good tradeoff between ease of use for first time users and simply turning it off for advanced users who want AU/IAA instead. Or using the Template Song option (zipped project with all settings/formats/plugs prepared but no recorded tracks, you can even Arm tracks now!) and simply tap the zip to create the song.