Recording starts late with AUs

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Misplaced

Recording starts late with AUs

Post by Misplaced »

Hi, I really like the new AU features added to v6 as you can use a number of apps with their own song modes and timelines to create a self contained groovebox. I have a problem though with the program missing the first beat from the AU in the recording, for example:
Screenshot 2021-05-30 at 15.18.02.png
Screenshot 2021-05-30 at 15.18.02.png (814.4 KiB) Viewed 2923 times
Here I have highlighted the first note which is missing from the start of the recording and this throws the recording out by a beat. When I hit play without recording then everything sounds OK, it is just when it is recorded that the start is missed.

The example apps here are DigiStix and DigiKeys.

Thanks.
pwnified

Re: Recording starts late with AUs

Post by pwnified »

Hmm, interesting. I'll check into it!
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

I tried the DigiStix plugin and with Host Sync enabled, it seemed to work. Although there is a very slight offset I'm going to focus in on. It looks like waht may be happening with yours, is a buffer size issue. What is the audio hardware you are using and what does the Audio Popup (lower left) say when you open the song or plug in the hardware? I'm using a 128 sized buffer at 44.1 kHz (2.8 ms in the Song Options menu)
IMG_B7F7179688F0-1.jpeg
IMG_B7F7179688F0-1.jpeg (950.29 KiB) Viewed 2917 times
Misplaced

Post by Misplaced »

Thank you for taking a look. I just tried again and this time it worked correctly! I then realised I probably had my bluetooth headphones in when I hit the problem and sure enough once I turned them on then I could recreate the problem again. If it matters, both the internal speakers and bluetooth headphones are running at 48k/256/5.6ms.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Ok excellent, that narrows it down. I'm almost positive there is a latency issue depending on buffer size and it's being compensated for incorrectly. I'll take a closer look and have a fix.
Misplaced

Post by Misplaced »

Just tested with the new release and this works fine now. Thanks for the fix!