Keyboard chord sticks

How to use MultiTrack DAW
pwnified

Re: Keyboard chord sticks

Post by pwnified »

Ah ha! I got the bug to reproduce. Yeah you're right, the notes stay down for 600 ms instead of the 30 ms of the tap! It only happens with 3 fingers. Extremely annoying. But I managed to get a reproducible procedure to manifest the bug. It has to do with opening the keyboard (the iOS keyboard for typing song names, track names, etc). If you open a synth plugin on a track input, arm it and play the piano keyboard all is fine. But then try renaming a track, then try again on the piano keyboard, and observe the 3 note sticky behavior. Very weird. I'm going to try to fix this bug now, just letting you know I've actually confirmed it. I don't even know if this can be fixed yet, it might be some wacky iOS nonsense.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

I've now confirmed that this is unfixable, at least on my end. It's happening in other apps as well, for example Phasemaker (standalone) has the sticky 3 note behavior after saving a preset (thereby opening the iOS keyboard for typing a preset name) the instant this keyboard opens, the piano keyboard is forever 'sticky' with the 3 notes.

It looks like the iOS keyboard is installing some gesture recognizer for 3 fingers, and then forgetting to remove it when the keyboard goes away.

Ugh... I'll file a bug report with apple but I suspect it's going to be hard to explain and low priority unless more developers speak up. People can help by filing bug reports as well, or trying to explain this to developers and getting them to file bug reports (apple uses the number of duplicate reports as a measure of importance)
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Actually, I found a workaround. I'll have an update out shortly with a 'hack' to make this work properly. Unfortunately I can't fix it in other apps, for example Phasemaker (standalone) that I mentioned still has this sticky 3 note bug after opening the iOS keyboard. And probably many other apps. But, it's as good as fixed in the next multitrack release.
Misplaced

Post by Misplaced »

Thanks for investigating and providing a workaround for this problem. Since posting the bug report I had noticed it at random times in other apps so did wonder if it was an OS thing.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

MultiTrack 6.1 now available has the workaround, it basically makes it work again for any naming/renaming within multitrack. However it's possible for it to happen again if you try to rename a preset from within certain plugins that are hosted by multitrack, and then the multitrack piano will have the sticky keyboard again. It's unfortunate, and we'll see how long it takes for an iOS update to fix the issue. Thanks for reporting this!