Is this the app that I need?

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Chirro

Is this the app that I need?

Post by Chirro »

Hello, first, I'm Spanish, so please, forgive my bad English.

I'm looking for an easy way to record multiple (16) audio tracks simultaneously in my IPad Pro 2020 1 Tb. and then, later at home, be able to transfer all the tracks to my Windows PC with Cubase.

I'm a bass player who also works mixing (and mobile recording) live bands in small events. I have the Behringer X Air XR18 digital mixing desk that I want to plug in my IPad to record. And then, when at home, transfer all the 16 recorded individual tracks to my bigger desktop computer, with Windows 10, Cubase and lots of hard drive space, for mixing and processing.

Can I do this with your app? What kind of license (and how much does it cost) do I need?

Thanks in advance.
pwnified

Re: Is this the app that I need?

Post by pwnified »

MultiTrack can easily record 16 tracks simultaneously (You'll need the base app, and then purchase the 'Add More Tracks' 2 times, for a total of 16 tracks). This is around $15 USD.

But to transfer large files from iPad to a Windows machine, the best way is to use iTunes File Sharing. First do a mixdown to Stems, which renders all the tracks into a folder. You can then drag this folder out using iTunes for windows.

It's possible to make a 'Template' song, with all the tracks created, armed, and ready to go, to make it easy to setup a new recording session with only 2 taps. To do this, create a song and with the interface plugged in, arm all the tracks, but don't record anything. Close the song and 'zip' it (long-touch the song and tap the zip icon).

Now, whenever you need a song with that format, tap the zip and a fresh new song will be created ready to go. Make sure the interface is plugged in when opening the song, and all the tracks will be armed.

BTW your English is perfect!
Chirro

Re: Is this the app that I need?

Post by Chirro »

Thanks for your quick response. I will be one of your customers pretty soon.

See you.