Transport controls

How to use MultiTrack DAW
TimRyland

Transport controls

Post by TimRyland »

I’m guessing this is a BIAS FX problem, not Multitrack DAW, but thought I would ask here as well.

If I use Amplitube as the input source via IAA, when I go to Amplitube there’s a small window showing Multitrack DAW’s transport controls. However, when using BIAS FX2 as input via IAA, I don’t see this window. The only way I can access the transport controls when in BIAS FX2 is to connect to Multitrack DAW using Audiobus.
pwnified

Re: Transport controls

Post by pwnified »

Appolgies for the delay TimRyland,

The Transport controls are a feature of IAA, which essentially runs the entire app. So if you selected the plugin from the 'Inter-App Audio generators/instruments/effects' section of the Plugin Selector, the entire app will be hosted by MultiTrack. You can notice this when tapping the plugin icon because iOS will switch to the app itself, rather than popping up a window with the plugin inside it.

One of the features of IAA was a way to communicate transport requests back to the host, because the idea was, since we are now switched to this other app, there needs to be some way of controlling the host transport without switching back to the host every time.

With the advent of AUv3 and the Host's ability to put plugins into windows from within the Host, the transport controls are no longer necessary because the Host's transport controls are right there.

But if the plugin is an IAA plugin and doesn't offer the transport controls, there is nothing we can do other than switching back to the host manually (using iOS task switcher), or asking the developer to implement them if they are still going to support this old IAA format.

Hope this helps
pwnified

Re: Transport controls

Post by pwnified »

Oh, I just realized something else you can do. If the other IAA app supports splitscreen on iPad you can use splitscreen and run the IAA app on the side, thereby access the transport controls in multitrack at the same time.