rendering time

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Weogo

rendering time

Post by Weogo »

Hi Folks,

I made some short test recordings and they rendered fairly quickly.
I recorded an eight-channel concert of about 1.5 hours and it took almost two days to render.
This was on an old Iphone-5. Is this device just to slow for rendering in a reasonable amount of time, or
is there some better way to do this? Do I need to use a newer/faster device?
Some of the shows I'll be tracking will be up to about 26 tracks.

Thanks and good health, Weogo
pwnified

Re: rendering time

Post by pwnified »

I have an update in the works that should help with this. The problem with stem mixdown is that it takes an enormous amount of filespace, because it needs to have all the data rendered into 32 bit files to find the loudest peak, before the final volume adjustment and then conversion to output format. There is also a bug with the drawing code that is currently slowing it down on older devices. Even an old device, shouldn't take more than about a second to render a minute of audio. The update (6.3.3) should be out sometime today or tomorrow, hopefully.
Weogo

Post by Weogo »

Hi Hamilton,

Thanks for the explanation and updates!

Is there a way to export tracks without rendering them?

Thanks and good health, Weogo
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Ok 6.3.3 should fix the stem mixdown issues. About track exporting, not really, because a 'track' is actually just a conceptual device, in other words, a track is composed of regions and doesn't exist as a file yet. It's possible to download the Audio bins (use the Wi-Fi feature) these are the raw audio in wav format, if they all start from the same sample this might work for you.

But give the mixdown another shot, it should be much faster now.