Compatible plugins please?

How to use MultiTrack DAW
IpodtouchMTDAW

Compatible plugins please?

Post by IpodtouchMTDAW »

Hi, I am very new to forums in general so my apologies for the new topic, I did try searching using the key words "compatible plug-ins" but couldn't immediately find anything which I am particularly searching for to answer my questions.
I'm using Harmonic dog MT on my ipod touch, yep fiddly screen work but some desired results.
So I've managed to fluke downloading a couple of plugins which are compatible and worked straight away.
They are a couple by Blue Mangoo ("multiband" and "stereo lag") and one by infected mushroom called "wider". It's been quite a bit of trial and error downloading some free ones to see which ones would run on my device.
Question:
How can I be more certain when I am searching for something in particular I am not just repeating the same process? Is there a guide I'm missing? I'm not very apt at the tech side of things however i do check that the software is at least apple compliant and I am guessing the AU/AII is also a determining factor. I just want to be more certain especially when I start actually spending money on plug ins. Obviously feel like such a newb at this, cos I am I suppose. Anyway trying not to get too frustrated about it, any help would be great, any articles etc..a point in the right direction etc.
Cheers anyone.
pwnified

Re: Compatible plugins please?

Post by pwnified »

I think if you search the app store for 'AUv3' it will get you really far. If a plugin doesn't support auv3 and only supports IAA at this point, I would stay away. You might also try the Audiobus forums, they are usually active with talk about the current state of plugins. Hope this helps
IpodtouchMTDAW

Re: Compatible plugins please?

Post by IpodtouchMTDAW »

Thank you very much pwnified.
I really appreciate your help.
(And yes I was meant to write IAA- thanks for understanding my lack of checking the correct term before posting).
Looking forward to exploring things on here further having a listen to fellow users' works.